Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Couple of first night questions
Question 
Couple of first night questions
Last night was my first night with my Airsense 10 Autoset (or any Cpap device at all)

First Question: I purchased my machine "Gently Used" from Supplier #2. I cant get my Air app to work because the device was previously on another account etc. Is there a way around this? I have OSCAR and will be using it do dig into my Data, but would like the ease of use to look at some basic data first thing in the morning or before I get a chance to get my card to a computer.

2nd Question: being my first time using a machine I didn't know what to expect. However is it normal during ramp to get some movement out of the mask when I breath.. like it sucks in and out or quivers if that make sense?

All in all it was a successful night... I wore it for over 7.5 hours.. so that's a start
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couple of first night questions
G'day Mattyxxl. Congratulations on 7.5 hours for your first night! I vaguely remember getting about three hours.

Regards MyAir, it's probably best to enquire from the dealer you bought the machine from. If they can't connect you directly they can probably point you in the right direction. In the meantime, Resmed machines do have a pretty good on-screen display which will give you much the same information as MyAir. You may need to go into the clinical menu and set the patient menu to "essentials plus". You can request a copy of the clinician's manual here: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Your description of the mask movement sounds like there's not enough pressure to keep the mask seal fully inflated as you inhale. You probably need to start the ramp at a higher pressure, with the eventual aim of not using ramp at all. While it certainly helps people get started, the ramp has the adverse effect of not allowing the machine to properly treat events during the ramp period. If you have it set to the default 4 minutes, and re-start the machine once or twice during the night, then you're losing hours of proper therapy time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couple of first night questions
When I turned off (or lowered) my exhale support, the quivering of the mask stopped (or severely lessened).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 894 17 minutes ago
Last Post: SheShells23
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,594 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.