Mask Make & Model: none
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Question Couple of newb questions about SleepyHead and CMS 50D+
Hi,

I'm a new time user of both Sleepy Head and the CMS 50 D+.

I have been able to import my data. I manually set the time since it doesn't have an internal clock, but it's associated with the date of December 31, 1999, and I can't seem to figure out how to change the date of the data I imported.

My other issue is that the statistic page notes a minimum SpO2 and pulse that I cannot find when scrolling through the data. It says Min SpO2 was 53 and Min Pulse was 40, but when I scroll through I can't find this anywhere. It looks like all my SpO2 numbers are in the 90s even when I zoom in as far as I can and scroll through. Does anyone know why this might be?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide!
03-07-2016 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
pholynyk Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 APAP
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: included
CPAP Pressure: 11-17

Other Comments:

RE: Couple of newb questions about SleepyHead and CMS 50D+
I'm guessing here.... you have an oximeter, but no CPAP machine, and no Windows computer, so you are using SleepyHead to access your oximeter data... am I close? Because if you had a Windows computer, you would use the crappy software that comes with the CMS50D+.

The date problem comes from the fact that you have no selected CPAP data to associate with the oximeter data. The time problem comes with the CMS50D+, of course.

I don't know where the statistics page problem comes from, unless you have some additional sessions to confuse things.

Maybe someday I'll get around to making a standalone oximeter reader by pulling code out of SleepyHead...
03-07-2016 10:00 PM
swingerofbirches Offline

New Members

Machine: None
Mask Type: Not using mask

Other Comments:

(03-07-2016 10:00 PM)pholynyk Wrote:  I'm guessing here.... you have an oximeter, but no CPAP machine, and no Windows computer, so you are using SleepyHead to access your oximeter data... am I close? Because if you had a Windows computer, you would use the crappy software that comes with the CMS50D+.

The date problem comes from the fact that you have no selected CPAP data to associate with the oximeter data. The time problem comes with the CMS50D+, of course.

I don't know where the statistics page problem comes from, unless you have some additional sessions to confuse things.

Maybe someday I'll get around to making a standalone oximeter reader by pulling code out of SleepyHead...

Yes, yes, yes, and yes (to your questions)! You're a mind reader.

I believe I only have one session so far. I did end up finding a 72% SPO2 when I drille down and went bit by bit but can't find the 53%. I just had an at-home sleep study I should get the results from soon after having failed an in-lab sleep study (only slept an hour and was considered inconclusive, but even that showed apnea). I most likely have apnea and am just trying to figure it out a bit on my own before the doctor reviews my at home study.

It sounds like you are the software developer. Thank you for creating this program.

EDIT: I just imported another reading I did from while I was on my exercise bike and this time it has the correct date--so maybe I did something wrong the time before.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016 10:36 PM by swingerofbirches.)
03-07-2016 10:30 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
pholynyk Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 APAP
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: included
CPAP Pressure: 11-17

Other Comments:

Oh, my, no! I am by no means the developer of SleepyHead, that credit goes to JediMark and his cadre of helpers. I am just a simple-minded programmer. Bigwink But he did release his code under an open source license, so I am free to reuse it and adapt it new purposes, as long as I release my program code using the same sharing license.
03-08-2016 12:10 AM
swingerofbirches Offline

New Members

Machine: None
Mask Type: Not using mask

Other Comments:

Hi, there. You are by no means simple minded if you can program.

I wasn't sure whether to create another thread or not.

I am having an issue where SleepyHead only imports 25 minutes of data from my CMS 50D+ even when I leave it recording overnight and it seems to record overnight. It could be a problem with the device, which is why I tried downloading Crossover so that I could run the SPO2 software that comes with these devices, but I couldn't get it to work at all there.

I've tried searching everywhere and haven't seen other people have this problem.
07-31-2016 09:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SleepyHead Questions VisitorX 5 351 11-04-2016 11:46 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  SleepyHead Questions SylviaT 2 245 07-04-2016 11:09 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Questions Regarding SleepyHead johnathonm 1 333 02-28-2016 11:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Newbie here - Sleepyhead questions roy1962 9 3,582 04-29-2015 06:38 AM
Last Post: Beans
  Technical questions regarding Sleepyhead on the virge 6 1,890 02-15-2015 07:28 PM
Last Post: me50
  SleepyHead questions (reporting double hours) JumpStart 31 9,910 03-21-2012 10:17 PM
Last Post: JumpStart