Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Couple of newb questions about SleepyHead and CMS 50D+
Question 
Couple of newb questions about SleepyHead and CMS 50D+
Hi,

I'm a new time user of both Sleepy Head and the CMS 50 D+.

I have been able to import my data. I manually set the time since it doesn't have an internal clock, but it's associated with the date of December 31, 1999, and I can't seem to figure out how to change the date of the data I imported.

My other issue is that the statistic page notes a minimum SpO2 and pulse that I cannot find when scrolling through the data. It says Min SpO2 was 53 and Min Pulse was 40, but when I scroll through I can't find this anywhere. It looks like all my SpO2 numbers are in the 90s even when I zoom in as far as I can and scroll through. Does anyone know why this might be?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couple of newb questions about SleepyHead and CMS 50D+
I'm guessing here.... you have an oximeter, but no CPAP machine, and no Windows computer, so you are using SleepyHead to access your oximeter data... am I close? Because if you had a Windows computer, you would use the crappy software that comes with the CMS50D+.

The date problem comes from the fact that you have no selected CPAP data to associate with the oximeter data. The time problem comes with the CMS50D+, of course.

I don't know where the statistics page problem comes from, unless you have some additional sessions to confuse things.

Maybe someday I'll get around to making a standalone oximeter reader by pulling code out of SleepyHead...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 10:00 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I'm guessing here.... you have an oximeter, but no CPAP machine, and no Windows computer, so you are using SleepyHead to access your oximeter data... am I close? Because if you had a Windows computer, you would use the crappy software that comes with the CMS50D+.

The date problem comes from the fact that you have no selected CPAP data to associate with the oximeter data. The time problem comes with the CMS50D+, of course.

I don't know where the statistics page problem comes from, unless you have some additional sessions to confuse things.

Maybe someday I'll get around to making a standalone oximeter reader by pulling code out of SleepyHead...

Yes, yes, yes, and yes (to your questions)! You're a mind reader.

I believe I only have one session so far. I did end up finding a 72% SPO2 when I drille down and went bit by bit but can't find the 53%. I just had an at-home sleep study I should get the results from soon after having failed an in-lab sleep study (only slept an hour and was considered inconclusive, but even that showed apnea). I most likely have apnea and am just trying to figure it out a bit on my own before the doctor reviews my at home study.

It sounds like you are the software developer. Thank you for creating this program.

EDIT: I just imported another reading I did from while I was on my exercise bike and this time it has the correct date--so maybe I did something wrong the time before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, my, no! I am by no means the developer of SleepyHead, that credit goes to JediMark and his cadre of helpers. I am just a simple-minded programmer. Bigwink But he did release his code under an open source license, so I am free to reuse it and adapt it new purposes, as long as I release my program code using the same sharing license.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, there. You are by no means simple minded if you can program.

I wasn't sure whether to create another thread or not.

I am having an issue where SleepyHead only imports 25 minutes of data from my CMS 50D+ even when I leave it recording overnight and it seems to record overnight. It could be a problem with the device, which is why I tried downloading Crossover so that I could run the SPO2 software that comes with these devices, but I couldn't get it to work at all there.

I've tried searching everywhere and haven't seen other people have this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having a similar date issue with downloaded data - it's always 1/1/2000.

MacOS 10.11.16
CMS50D+ (using the supplied cable)
No CPAP machine
SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 (-2.2 according to the DMG file name)

I'm new to the forum and searched, but didn't find anything. If there's an answer in another thread, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

TIA,

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 10:37 PM)Light Leaks Wrote: I'm having a similar date issue with downloaded data - it's always 1/1/2000.

Sounds like a Y2K problem.  Bigwink

But seriously, welcome to the forum Light Leaks... hoping someone can help you because I have no idea.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that it's a combination of the CMS50D+ not supplying a date and time, and not having a session to assign the data to, so it uses some convenient default date to create a session.
I'd have to go read code to verify that, of course.
It would be nice if SH could ask for a starting date and time, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR time off by a couple minutes Millstone50 6 895 01-27-2022, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Oscar questions tmoody 2 1,002 08-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  A couple of very small items with OSCAR same2you 0 948 05-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Last Post: same2you
  SH for ASV, and other questions VisitorX 14 2,091 04-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Sorry simple questions Lolagirl 3 1,056 11-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Newbie Questions about SleepyHead App and ResMed APAP machine STRVYS 2 1,284 10-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? sheepless 14 2,396 07-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.