Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Couple quick ?
Couple quick ?
I told my husband I was going to change the minimum pressure on my machine and he wants to know if that would nullify the warranty.

Also, I'm just curious: Will my doctor or dme know I changed the pressure?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couple quick ?
I've messed around some with my settings. Change things up a bit, give it a try, and I usually go back to where I was. 

No way will it void a warranty. Does a doctor or DME know? I couldn't care less if my DME knew. If the doctor has a problem with it, we'll have a talk.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Absolutely will not void the warranty. They may but it is YOUR therapy not theirs, they work for you. But why not download Oscar (free on this site as everything is) and post your chArts and get some Opinions
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news about the warranty, it'll make him feel better.

I don't care if they know, either, considering they set my minimum pressure for the needs of a child  Annoyed-and-disappointed

I have my clinicians manual, so I'm on my way.

Appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Set the min pressure to 7, it allows room for the EPR to work. EPR helps therapeutically as well as for comfort.

Do post your OSCAR daily chart so we can screen for issues you may be unaware of.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 10:49 PM)Needsleepasap Wrote: Good news about the warranty, it'll make him feel better....
While not strictly related to CPAP machines, in the USA - and Canada has similar laws - you can do virtually anything you want to a product you own without voiding the warranty. This includes disassembling it - maybe for the purpose of cleaning dust from inside - or repairing it. As long as you don't actually cause damage. Warranty void sticker? Scrape it off, it means nothing. 
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-re...y-coverage
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documen...tement.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
good data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 911 2 hours ago
Last Post: SheShells23
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 589 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central sleep apnea - A quick 5 minute video explanation. Expat31 2 509 09-20-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 505 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] How quick do autosets change pressure? ted13 9 837 08-07-2023, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.