Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings
RE: Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings
Hello!

Honestly I have not been doing great. I've had ups and downs, but overall no real improvement. I will say I consistently feel the best on ASVAuto. Not really sure what to do anymore so I'm considering surgical options.

Mental fatigue, motivation, fatigue, crankiness, etc. are all pretty bad right now!

Will update if I get anywhere surgically.

Here is a screenshot of last night for fun:

ASVAuto
Min EPAP: 9.8
Max EPAP: 15.0
Min PS: 6
Max PS: 20
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my opinion but the ASV would possibly need different settings compared to VAuto.

ASV Auto defaults to EPAP 4-15 and PS 3-15 and machine Max is physically capped at 25. You can have some intentional overlap between EPAP and PS, because in ASV Auto they're ranges. All 3 of EPAP, PS, and IPAP can slide around as necessary to give needed settings. At least this is true of an actual ASV like what I had.

Your PS will possibly be closer to default than PS 6-20. 6 sounds a bit high given it'll range up if necessary, which I've felt it does move up rather quickly. Again this may only apply to you when attempting ASV style of therapy.

My thinking is that different emulations of various machines ought to require different pressure sets, because there's different goals intended.

As you can see though, yours doesn't stop at 25 max. If I'm reading it right it's going up to 28.26, which may be an overdoing it situation.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey there,
So i recently had a consultation with a professionally trained sleep study expert. It's $400 and he does it over zoom. He looks at your Oscar data and then teaches you how to read the data, and then goes on to provide recommendations, and we'll meet you several times until you have good results. He also has a YouTube channel.

What I learn from him was pretty remarkable. First of all he completely disregards everything on the left side in the panel. That's because that is not Oscar data, but rezma data and the algorithm is highly unreliable. He demonstrated by going through my waveform data how there were numerous incorrectly marked hypopneas, apnea's, flow limits, and even more missed events throughout the night. 

He actually taught me how to look at the waveform and how I thought seemingly normal or good waveform patterns were actually bad. As an example a night where my ahi was less than 1 and I did not have a massive amount of flow limits, actually contained at least a dozen hypopneas within a 1 or 2 hour time frame, all missed. Turns out my pressure settings and my approach to leak were completely way off despite all the advice.

This form has taught me a lot, but it shouldn't be your last stop. In your case, kind of like mine, a lot of independent fix-it was tried but yielded subpar results, working with an expert can help a lot. And compared to the cost of other options you're thinking this is substantially cheaper. Also even after surgery or dental appliances, using CPAP in conjunction is still not a bad idea.

Here's the guy

https://youtube.com/@Freecpapadvice?si=3Jol2xzxo_0luXHs
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 908 23 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 149 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 54 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 610 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 846 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 77 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.