Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 / SD Card issues
Airsense 11 / SD Card issues

1. Hi all, first post here.  Hope its ok in this spot since kind of a technical /how things work question                                                                              New cpap user and encountering issue with info being written to sd card and importing to Oscar. Trying to gather a few days data for possible help with analysis. Using Airsense 11 and 16GB SanDisk. All went well with imports first couple times but now nothing new on sd card. First time it happened I thought maybe card was accidentally locked or didn't load properly into cpap, (since i did notice one other time I didn't get "loading card" message and had to reinsert) but double checked both on last try and looked good.  So, yesterday afternoon I used it for couple minutes as a test to see if working properly and all was fine, data there and imported fine. Put card back in cpap making sure it loaded properly, used it last night. Nothing on card from last night.                                                                                                                                                                                          So questions:                                                                                                                                                                         
    Would importing files from a particular day somehow cause it not to write to card rest of that date? Doesn't make sense to me but...that was the scenario for both days that the night info was not recorded. (Napped and imported data first day and short test and imported data next day after previous night's failure to write to sd).                                                                                                                                                                  Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before removing card? I only waited 5-10 min I think. Don't want to replace card and make a simple error and lose another night of data. I am aware of ResMed using noon to noon day splits.                                                                                              Also, when I first clicked import it gave me a message of "busy import already running in background" then  "already up to date" message.   Why would it say busy if box to auto import when profile opened not checked?  I did eject card prior to removal each time.                                     
     I know some cards are just problematic and will try another but drive check says no errors. Any input appreciated.                                                      Sorry about layout, will preview next time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 / SD Card issues
Try a different card.  Anything up to 32gb should work fine.

Loading one bit of data doesn't prevent loading more data later in the same day.  On cavaet on that is that resmed assumes the day changes at noon local time.  So if you sleep in the morning then in the evening of the same day and load the data Oscar may see it on different days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I intend to try another card. So removing the card from cpap right away should not be a problem? I would think not but wasn't sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, no problem at all. Pop it out and put in a new one. The machine will "ready it for use", which means format a blank and put the needed folders and files on it. For one already formatted it will just create the folders and files.

You don't need to, but you can put the old card in your computer and copy off the data to your computer then put the new card in and copy the data back. The only reason to do that would be to be able to take it to the Dr when you see them to let them copy the data. My dr gets all the data he needs from the cloud and the card is only for transfering data to Oscar. You can run without a card and it will still work fine, but you get no fine granularity of data.

NOTE: SanDisk cards are great if you have real ones, but they are probably the most copied fake cards out there. The fakes read like a real one of larger size but when you try to use over a small amount they fail to write. This is usually on larger cards but I got a bad batch of 32gb cards off amazon once - turned out they were really 2gb on the inside and I got them replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. I had already copied it just in case, but my doc probably will not ask to see sd/details anyway. They are for me. I love details, Lol. And for possible help with adjustments from the forum if needed later.  By removing sd right away, I meant after nights recording for importing to oscar. I would think it would write to sd in "real time" but wasn't certain if it needed time to finish writing data to card after turning off cpap or something.  Appreciate your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, gotcha,

Yes, it writes in realtime so you can finish sleeping and pull it to take to the computer. There is a faint amber light that flashes next to the card at night that shows it is accessing/writing to the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth... I recently had a couple of days where the AirSense 11 didn't write to my SD card, even though I know it was loaded in properly and wasn't locked. Tried a different card, still wouldn't write. I unplugged the machine, waited 15 seconds, then plugged it back in. It worked after that. So maybe you could try unplugging it for a little, then put your card back in and do a test with it for a few minutes, pull the card and see if it wrote to it properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I might have this bit of info correct, here goes. Yes I think you might need to purge and re-upload data to OSCAR for the day(s) in question. Once you've imported data, it expects that to be all the importing for the day. It will likely not show detailed data at a minimum.

A day in this application is the 24 hour day
ResMed day is noon to noon next day
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to update this thread/subject in case others run into this. Yes! SarcasticDave94, you are correct. Purging that days info and downloading again worked. All info (both sessions for the day) were there and just shows a gap between the 2 sessions. So apparently, as you said, if data already present for that date it assumes done for the day and doesn't check for more sessions on same date. Problem solved.                                                                                                                                              Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
anytime I've had a Oscar SD import hang or show no data, the very first thing I do is check the card itself. 
To find data use file explorer for the drive the card is in, open the "DATALOG" Folder, then open the folder for the date you are looking for

(for example, folder 20240126 will contain files for  January 26 2024.)

Open that folder to reveal the files associated with that date.
You will see four or more files (see this example):

[img][Image: C73qAWr.jpeg][/img]

Now there is where it can get a little tricky. You'll notice that the folder is named for Jan 25 but the files within all seem to be named for Jan 26.

There is what happened: at 30 seconds past midnight (morning of the 26) I began a 10 minute session. But apparently the Cpap still thought that I was in the 25 day , because we had not gotten to noon on the 26 which would have been the closing of the 25th day. 

But there is the redemption, the files are correctly named for the date that the sessions began (two sessions one starting at just seconds after midnight and the second session starting at 59 minutes after midnight. 

As a last bit of twist, you'll notice that the Date modified times seem to be out-of-whack. 
The BRP files will contain the bulk of the Pressure and Flowrate data. The second session, represented by 

[img][Image: rxxitub.jpeg][/img]

contains the data taken between 00:58 1/26/2024 and 07:48 1/26/2024

BUT you see that the file was last modified at 12:34 PM on the 26th. How can that be?  ( and in fact when I first examined this folder, without opening or modifying the file) the current Eastern standard time was 10:12 AM on the 26th.  I surmise that the file was closed and used the GMT time from the Resmed device as the closing - last modified time.

Anyway, before panic sets in, just check to make sure the data is actually on the SD card. 
Peace
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 50 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.