Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings
RE: Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings
Don't get too far down the rabbit hole with the shape of a few inspiration peaks. You have no flow limitation and excellent results. Hang in there and don't spin any dials. You can now claim you've been dialed in by both Lanky Lefty and Sleeprider.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much, Sleeprider. Really really appreciate the help. Going to roll with these settings for a bit and see what happens. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
One last question for you, is there any benefit to getting a real AirCurve 10? I just hacked mine to have all therapy options available, but now that BiPAP looks the best I'm open to purchasing one. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can find a good deal on a Vauto, its always worth having in order to have a backup, but the real Vauto is different enough from the Airbreak version to be worthwhile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to check in and say thank you again. I'm feeling the best I've felt in years, even after just a few days I can notice a night and day difference. Who would have known it was this simple of a solution! Really really appreciate it once again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there wanted to follow up!

So I had about 5 days of feeling pretty damn good, now I'm back to feeling terrible again with no settings changes. I went ahead and purchased an actual VAuto machine and I'm using the same settings. Where can I go from here?

I was thinking of increasing trigger and cycle sensitivity to address the CAs, maybe higher EPAP to address the H & OA events?

Really appreciate your time. I'm hoping this time around we can get the good feeling to stick. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Only change trigger sensitivity to high. That should knock out most of the CA. Do not change cycle.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Before seeing your response I gave my theory a shot.

I increased EPAP to 10 from 9, increased PS from 4-5, and increased trigger to very high. I kept cycle at medium. Here are the results:

Changing trigger definitely appears to have gotten rid of the CAs, and increasing EPAP reduced the H & OA events. My question is, it seems like my waveform is still very choppy and has a lot of peaks. Is this what being properly treated looks like? 

Also, I slept more than 4.5h, just was trying some other settings earlier in the night. This 4.5h chunk with these settings looked the best to me.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like very good progress, and it's fine that you moved forward on the entire agenda, it just would have been harder to tease out if there had been any problems. Probably let this settle in before diving into the weeds of wave-form shape. Everyone has their own "personality" in what the flow rate looks like.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
it seems trigger, pressure, pressure support, and mode are all changes you made for improvement. However you have a lot of experience w different modes and pressure - demonstrated by your prior charts... I am wondering if trigger unlocked a new door for you...

Given you have UARS and covid (sorry!) - would you be willing to try a range of trigger settings to compare waveform, inspiratory time: expiratory time? I think if your I:E ratio becomes <1, your symptoms related to UARS can substantially improve - otherwise the work of having to inspire harder through the night continues.

Also could you report how you are feeling, in terms of mental fatigue - as defined by your motivation to do things during the day, your energy in the morning and by the end of the day before going to sleep. I think we get so obsessed w the computer algorithm that we sometimes forget to report this, especially w UARS where the granularity of data is poor compared to obstructive sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a brick CPAP, need advice on how to potentially exchange trillogic 8 175 10 hours ago
Last Post: trillogic
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 2 79 Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 19 668 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: ewriter
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 115 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,190 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,561 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,331 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.