Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Covid19 test results
Covid19 test results
With my COPD, everytime i get a cold it can get serious in a hurry. The other week I had a cold and fever so my pulmo said to get covid 19 tested which I did. In the end the results were negative. The purpose of this is to show what they do test for. Or at least this is what i was tested for. If the picture is not cpap related I will gladly link it from my website space.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Covid19 test results
I don't see why this info isn't relevant on both Apnea and the COVID-19 pandemic.

That's got a lot of test aspects noted. Glad you got a negative.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, Bill...  that's one heck of a group of tests.  I had no clue a hospital would test for that many things when a potential COVID-19 patient comes in.

Interesting, I noticed that they list three different Coronavirus results at the bottom of the list--   N1, N2 & N3... are those 3 different strains of COVID-19, meaning it's already mutated into 3 strains?

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2020, 12:41 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Wow, Bill...  that's one heck of a group of tests.  I had no clue a hospital would test for that many things when a potential COVID-19 patient comes in.

Interesting, I noticed that they list three different Coronavirus results at the bottom of the list--   N1, N2 & N3... are those 3 different strains of COVID-19, meaning it's already mutated into 3 strains?

Coffee
I don't think it means 3 strains because theres no mention of that anywhere. I suspect but can't prove that it's 3 different covid 19 tests looking at it from different angles such as has it, had it or carrier of it. that makes the most sense because there's no google results for the 3 specific things. for those that don't know covid19 = Corona Virus 2019, the year it was first detected.

i didn't go to a hospital. i called my pulmonologist. he said because i had 2 symptoms i should go to a specific urgent care clinic that was set up for covid19 testing. i called the clinic who passed my info to their in residence dr.  the dr called and talked to me and decided i needed a test and notified the schedulers who gave me a appointment. i drove to the clinic. a tech came out to the car, put a qtip in my nose and then one in my throat, took my temperature and pulse/ox and i was on my way. the results took about a week.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-07-2020, 12:41 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Interesting, I noticed that they list three different Coronavirus results at the bottom of the list--   N1, N2 & N3... are those 3 different strains of COVID-19, meaning it's already mutated into 3 strains?

Coffee

N1, N2, and N3 refer to three separate tests that target different regions of the Coronavirus Nucleoplasmid (N) gene Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2020, 04:11 PM)UARS.DDS Wrote: N1, N2, and N3 refer to three separate tests that target different regions of the Coronavirus Nucleoplasmid (N) gene Smile

Ah, okay. Thanks for this info!
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
wow, that's a long list. Thank God you're negative.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using a CPAP mask as a Covid19 mask camper2 2 308 04-29-2020, 12:08 PM
Last Post: camper2
  COVID19 - Don't catch it... Boroma 2 362 03-23-2020, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Respir8
  Photo upload test thread wolson 8 1,363 01-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  one touch ultra test strips justMongo 2 963 12-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.