Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap Filters Clogged with Forest Fire Smoke
Cpap Filters Clogged with Forest Fire Smoke
CLOGGED FILTERS !!!

I have just returned home after 2 1/2 weeks from Big Creek forest fire evacuation. I was still in an 
area where the AQI varied 200 to 350, just safe from the fire itself. Checked my Bipap filters this
morning, they are black. I am located between Yosemite and Fresno, in the mountains.

So, JUST A KINDLY REMINDER! (for those in smoke ravaged areas)

Stan.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap Filters Clogged with Forest Fire Smoke
We're even getting it here in Toronto.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
We've had several days of rain here in Portland, so all our fires are out and the air is clean and fresh. Y'all come and we'll let you breathe our air for free! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I heard fire & smoke is returning to california, sf & north anyway, & the forecast here, north of you, is more smoke this week after clearing out 10 days ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2020, 07:09 PM)JJJ Wrote: We've had several days of rain here in Portland, so all our fires are out and the air is clean and fresh. Y'all come and we'll let you breathe our air for free! Smile

No way I'd visit Portland w/o body armor and some weaponry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy, love that comment on Portland! We feel the same way--live south of there and as crazy as the state capitol is, prefer this area to the craziness of Portland. We live in a small town and love our one county sheriff who is assigned to our town! Back on topic, we were 5 miles from where the Beachie Creek fire stopped and under evacuation orders (get ready) for 5 days. Pollution index was over 500. My husband and I had put new filters in our PAP machines just before the fire, and they were black in a few days--this with a shut down house running the AC. People went through several furnace filters in a week--they were as hard to find as toilet paper early in the covid panic.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 85 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 395 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  NOTICE: FDA Fire Safety Alert Dreamstation 2 Gideon 15 1,253 12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: kotaKat
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,467 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 828 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 508 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.