Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I just had words with my DME @ Pacific pulmonary problems
Angry 
So I just had words with my DME @ Pacific pulmonary problems
Hello all,

I just got hung up on by a sleep therapist who was trying to tell me some Bs. I have a base model Dreamstation Cpap w humidifier. Ive been talking to them that once they get my insurance sign off that I can swap up to an auto cpap. I was told this last week. So then this broad at Pacific Pulmonary tells me that I should be able to see my data through the Sleepmapper app. Uh no I cannot. All I can see off that machine is compliance data. She then starts arguing with me saying the machine does let me see data. I actually called respironics myself and they told me that with the model I have, that only the sleep center can see my data and the machine itself doesn't give thourogh reports. I relayed this info to her and she gets all upset and proceeds to hang up on me. Has anyone had any crazy stories about pacific pulmonary?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I just had words with my DME @ Pacific pulmonary problems
This sort of things happens everywhere and not just for cpap suppliers. Do you know when your insurance signoff is supposed to arrive? Call then and ask to speak to the supervisor. Explain that when you talked to Employee X, she got all bent out of shape because she believes your machine has an ability IT DOES NOT HAVE. You would rather deal with someone else while you get your swap. Make sure you differentiate between compliance data and efficacy data - maybe the supervisor will get that. If not, just say this isn't the machine you wanted, you wanted the auto that you requested.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I spoke with the nice one who sent me a copy  of my sleep study last week. They received my insurance paperwork. I told her what happened and she is processing my swap out and will call me back in the morning. I had to whoosa after ole girl hung up on.me, and actually threatend to do so beforehand.  She said that I was correct and  explained to me the swap.out process.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad that went well. Love the kitty avatar. Tabby cats are one of the best!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's my furbaby Sasha, she likes staring at me when I have my mask on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 97 11 hours ago
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,201 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 231 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,927 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,678 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,047 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.