Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap Mask left wrinkle lines in my face. How long doe they take to go away?
Cpap Mask left wrinkle lines in my face. How long doe they take to go away?
I wore a cpap mask very tight for 6 weeks. I have not worn it for it for 5 weeks, but the wrinkles in my face that it caused have not gone away yet. Has anyone else had this happen? How long did the lines take to go away?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap Mask left wrinkle lines in my face. How long doe they take to go away?
(03-01-2017, 08:50 PM)Ihaveapnea Wrote: I wore a cpap mask very tight for 6 weeks. I have not worn it for it for 5 weeks, but the wrinkles in my face that it caused have not gone away yet. Has anyone else had this happen? How long did the lines take to go away?

Well, I wear mine pretty tight, but haven't noticed any new lines from that - mind you at 73 I've got lots already.

But if my mask did make new lines, I'd rather have those new lines and sleep well than do without my CPAP and die early.  Anyway I'm already about as ugly as sin, so what do I care?
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have so many wrinkles a few more or less doesn't really matter. Though I do have some new lines and I doubt they'll go away now.

You might want to try a cloth liner which fits between the skin and your mask. I'd suggest you check out Supplier #31 (Pad-a-cheek).
Post Reply Post Reply
The straps on my mask leave marks on my face, but they tend to disappear after an hour or so, though some days they have not gone away for several hours.

I think it depends on an individual's age/skin suppleness/number of hours worn/tightness of straps.. all of those will alter the time the marks linger.

If asked, I will just tell people the marks are scars from when I was slashed across the face whilst foiling a machete wielding perpetrator in the act of robbing a jewelry store........ no one will believe me, but why let the truth get in the way of a good story.   Unsure  Bigwink   Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice when i dont drink as much water the day before the lines stay on longer. But usually an hour or so and they are gone
Post Reply Post Reply
The first mask I had left very bad lines in my face, and then I switched to a different machine (ResMed) with a plastic cushioned mask.  That was still uncomfortable, and now I have a mask with memory foam, which makes lines that are less deep.  The lines last for several hours but eventually go away.  I wish there were some product (such as a lotion) that I could use to get rid of them faster.  I've tried massaging them out, but that didn't help.  I'm wondering if I gave myself a steam facial if that would help.  I haven't tried that yet, as it would be a bit of an ordeal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine usually go away by the time I finish my shower in the morning. If I don't take a shower, about an hour later.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found that a wash cloth soaked in hot water helps quite a bit. Lay it on your face and give it a few minutes. I tend to massage my face with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Bleep Sleep nasal stick on mask with no straps
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of good suggestions here. If you'd like another one, click on the link in my signature below for an effective and inexpensive DIY solution that still works for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 518 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.