Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - AHI Question
RE: New Here - AHI Question
(05-09-2017, 04:49 PM)chartow Wrote: So I downloaded the SleepyHead program and uploaded my SD Card.  Not sure how to read except it looks bad.  If the company that gives you the machine is supposed to monitor it, why don't they tell me or my doctor.  Don't understand this whole thing.  Been using it for years and now it looks like I'm no better then without it.

I beleive it is because when they set it up for you it was perfect!.
I also have a NYC bridge for sale . . . 

Seriously, We here care about our treatment and yours.  Post your data and let us look at it.  We will help you get where you want to get.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 06:28 AM)chartow Wrote: I have been using my CPAP Machine for several years.  I have a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset machine.  I use the Phillips DreamWear nasal mask.  I have been using the myAir App to record my sleep for the last few months.  I am finding that my events per hour are on average 10-12 per hour.  After reading some of your posts, I think this is bad.  Is it? and if so, what do I do to help that.  Thanks and I am glad I found this website!

Hi chartow,

I have the exact same machine and last mask also the same but have been going in circles for 14 years before finding this forum.  I started 2 weeks ago getting assistance here and have gone from the same AHI you are seeing now to much better numbers and most importantly better sleep - IN JUST 2 WEEKS!  Listen and follow the excellent moderators/advisors here and they can definitely help.  I thought the folks providing the equipment and the prescribers were watching over us - no - think again!  Very important to be sure the mask is not leaking (the LL on the charts is very important to watch and fix as it could be (or hiding) many of the problems.  In my case I felt it was indicating far too many CA (clear airway or central apneas) and that was the major concern for me (over 50% of the events were CA).  I now have the CAs to less than 25% with very close to 0 LL (Large Leak).  Again, these are really knowledgeable people who can help.  Best of luck to you in finding the settings to get a better night's sleep!  Hope to see your charts posted soon so that you too can begin correcting your sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
chartow,

You've learned a lesson the hard way.  Rather than actually helping PAPers, many, many DMEs are only interested in compliance so that they get paid.

And many sleep docs never seem to look at the data from the CPAP machines--they just act like incompetent car mechanics who replace part after part hoping to fix the problem rather than doing some serious diagnostic work when one of their patients reports problems.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 07:09 PM)robysue Wrote: chartow,

You've learned a lesson the hard way.  Rather than actually helping PAPers, many, many DMEs are only interested in compliance so that they get paid.

And many sleep docs never seem to look at the data from the CPAP machines--they just act like incompetent car mechanics who replace part after part hoping to fix the problem rather than doing some serious diagnostic work when one of their patients reports problems.

Yes, but with all the great people like you on this forum there is great hope for all of us like myself and chartow to better conquer our apnea problems - thanks again to all on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi chartow,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
AS soon as you post some data, you willl find out what’s going on with your sleep, you’ve come to the right place for lots of help.
I wish you good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned to better meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Rolleyes and while you perfect your skills at posting your data, try to summarize your readings for a recent night by supplying the following data:

[] machine setting "APAP" or "CPAP"
[] Pressure (usually the fist line):  min ____ median ______ 95% ______ max ______
[] Flow limitation:  min ____ median ______ 95% ______ max ______

AHI breakdown (in colored bars):
[] OA ____
[] CA ____
[] UA ____ (if listed)
[] H ____
[] RERA ____ (if listed)

Sincerely,
QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,424 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.