Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap and BiPap repair
Cpap and BiPap repair
Hello All,

Sorry if post has been addressed, but unable to find answer. I recently had to buy a used machine (less than 30 min) to replace my Puritan Bennett 425 BiPap. It's served me well. However, it sounds like it has had a part come loose. Same seems to be happening with my PB CPap 420 which I use for travel. I am pretty handy, retired engineer, but never had machine apart until this situation. It appears the blower motor has shaken loose. Not sure if I should just push back in place, bond it back, replace, leave alone, etc. Machine has always had a slight rattle.

1. Anyone had theirs apart and repaired it?
2. Technical/assembly manual available?
3. Anyone have a good repair service they know, trust, recommend?

Thank you in advance for your your reply and advice.

Cheers!

Miles
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap and BiPap repair
Hi Milestogo, WELCOME! to the forum.! Just keep checkin' back in to this board and someone will have an answer to your questions shortly. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good questions.

No, I've not taken one apart. If I still had my S7, I would have done so with it, just to see what was in there.

As far as I know, there's no technical/repair manual available. Even more suppliers don't repair them, they just send them to the manufacturer or they replace it. We live in a disposable society.

Do a Google search for CPAP repair and see what pops up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2012, 09:34 PM)Milestogo Wrote: 3. Anyone have a good repair service they know, trust, recommend?
Hello Milestogo and welcome - I know of one company that does CPAP repair and servicing ( Advans). I've not dealt with them but they come highly recommended. I'll PM you the link so you can check them out

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2012, 09:34 PM)Milestogo Wrote: Anyone have a good repair service they know, trust, recommend?

Hi Miles,

Welcome to Apnea Board!

As an engineer myself, I can appreciate the urge to repair it, but it may be better to replace it with a newer used machine. The latest generation machines are quieter and work better than older machines. You may benefit from more advanced treatment algorithms in a newer model.

Be sure to check out Supplier 2 in the Apnea Board suppliers list. They have lots of inexpensive used older models, plus newer previously-owned models like the ResMed S9 AutoSet with low hours of use, for a "Summer Special" price, if you can manage it.

In any case, good luck!

--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2012, 11:22 PM)vsheline Wrote: Be sure to check out Supplier 2 in the Apnea Board suppliers list. They have lots of inexpensive used older models, plus newer previously-owned models like the ResMed S9 AutoSet with low hours of use, for a "Summer Special" price, if you can manage it.

Oops, you use BiPAP. Supplier 2 has "gently used" newer BiPAP models, too, of course.

Take care.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Miles,

There are pictures of several cpaps in the private files on this forum that are taken apart. I think one is your model. Might not help you fix it but they are interesting to look at...

The trick is to find the adventurous soul that took the pictures Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Folks. Problem solved for now. Took both PB machines apart and found the fan motor mounts broken. Searched on line and talked to couple repair shops and they confirmed fan motors in each machine. Parts not available. So I cleaned the machine with air and ozone water, and "gooped" the motors back in place on both machines. The cpap sounds and runs great. The bipap has a bit of a growl which tells me motor bearing is slowly going, glad I replaced that machine, the 425 will be back up.

If you have any folks with old Puritan Bennett 420g cpaps or 425 bipaps
send them my way, could use the parts. Thanks for all the kind words and welcomes.

cheers!

Miles
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,178 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 675 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 513 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.