Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird problems falling asleep
RE: Weird problems falling asleep
Ahhh, I have been on Cpap for over thirteen years, at first it was sooooo difficult for me and I was prescribed a medication to help me sleep???
I ended up feeling 'Groggy' most of the day and this negated any Cpap benefits I should have been feeling, I eventually dumped the meds and eventually got used to it.
I do occasionally get insomnia and 'Discovered' an very good alternative and that it 5-HTP tablets (Health food stores), I'll let you research how they work (I just love the internet!) but they are a 'Brain Food' that makes the conditions for sleep quite easy.
Certainly worth a try, I would be interested to hear from anybody who has tried these?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird problems falling asleep
Welcome Eaglett. For myself, what worked was keeping my ebook reader on my night stand...it has a flashlight attached. Reading was just enough to keep my mind off it, and every time I awoke and could not get back to sleep, I read. I also kept track on a calendar if I had a good night or a bad night. That way, I could see my progress. I recently switched from nasal pillows to a nasal mask. I don't keep track of good or bad nights anymore....as about 95% of them are good. Just keep plugging...and try different masks if you keep having sleep problems. I am 4 months into it now..and often wonder if my machine is running...it is just normal for me now, and has been for about a month. Best of luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 155 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 36 6 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,871 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 192 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.