Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap and vertigo
RE: Cpap and vertigo
Are you on any BP or cholesterol meds? I noticed that dizziness can be a side effect of some brands.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only meds are for the vertigo.

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
Cpap can make vertigo worse, but it is not the cause. An ENT can help you with this as there are multiple causes for it. I had to take steroids (which totally screwed up my blood sugar), but the vertigo went away. Since then, I have been using ear drops every 3 days and no return of the swelling that caused my vertigo.

Note to others: Vertigo and dizziness are not the same thing. Vertigo usually involves spinning and/or inability for your body to determine 'up'.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your middle ear is pressurized during CPAP use. If it does not equalize when no longer on CPAP then there can be some loss of balance. That is the only thing that I know of first hand.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
There are numerous causes for vertigo - it can be a latent virus, nerve inflammation from autoimmune disease, crystals in the semicircular canals, and more.
The Vestibular Disorders Association (online) has tons of info on causes and treatments..

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Experienced Vertigo The Morning After? Dick55 11 1,489 05-02-2022, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ellenos
  [Symptoms] Vertigo Rcgop 14 1,916 06-10-2020, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Vertigo/CPAP Pressure Update- CPAP causing inner ear problems SuperSleeper 73 96,171 03-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: bfclansing
  ear and vertigo problems with cpap? mattm1 7 4,497 02-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: fgiagiari

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.