Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap as air purifier
RE: Cpap as air purifier
Just wondering, have you possibly mentioned to the neighbor how sick the smoke is making you? Might he be encouraged not to smoke if he knew how sick it makes you? Maybe a long shot but just wondering.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're replacing the VOG all the time, it may be worth while finding a safety supply store and getting a 1/2 mask respirator with a good filter/cartridge combo. The cartridges should be cheaper (unless the pricing in your area is a lot different) and the protection / filtering should be higher than the VOG.

Plus, if your neighbour sees you with some serious protection on, they may take your concerns a little more seriously.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2014, 12:29 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: If you're replacing the VOG all the time, it may be worth while finding a safety supply store and getting a 1/2 mask respirator with a good filter/cartridge combo. The cartridges should be cheaper (unless the pricing in your area is a lot different) and the protection / filtering should be higher than the VOG.

Plus, if your neighbour sees you with some serious protection on, they may take your concerns a little more seriously.

That's basically what I do with my CPAP machine.  I use a respirator cartridge adapted to my Resmed A10 Autoset machine using a kitchen funnel that fits into the air inlet and the respirator cartridge mount welded to the wide end of the funnel as shown in the attached photos. My old Resmed S7 Lightwieght cpap machine had one of these cartridges installed for 15 years and it allowed me to get a break from my seasonal allergies.  The inside of the S7 has kept clean and my DME told me it allowed me to use the S7 well beyond it's normal service life.        
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.