Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

Sex: Male

RE: Cpap is $$$
(03-27-2013 12:52 PM)archangle Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 08:13 PM)Ugly Wrote:  It's required to connect the mask to the hose and they are a bitch to remove from one hose to put on the next.

There's a technique to removing the hose from the mask. Once you get the feel of it, it's a lot easier. Even with my masks that use that connector, I just take the hose off the mask, instead of pulling the swivel off still attached to the hose.

I should take some pictures and post them of the technique. Basically, you don't pull or twist like you're unscrewing it. You lever it sideways so one side of the hose slides up, and then you can take it off easily.

I find it very awkward. So I leave the SlimLine alone usually and just alternate between the Standard and ClimateLine hoses, both of which have a "swivel" ring attached.
03-27-2013 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Cpap is $$$
(03-27-2013 04:47 PM)Ugly Wrote:  I find it very awkward. So I leave the SlimLine alone usually and just alternate between the Standard and ClimateLine hoses, both of which have a "swivel" ring attached.

It's sort of like trying to explain how to ride a bike over the internet. Once your hands figure it out, it's easy and can be done one handed, drunk, and groggy, in the middle of the night.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
03-31-2013 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply