Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap made me sick?
Cpap made me sick?
Last Friday was trying a new FFM (F30), and I think I forgot the humidifier tank empty. My bedroom was coldish.. maybe 62F. 
I woke up in 4 or 5 hrs feeling cold air in my throat and filled the tank. 

For the past 3 days and nights I have bad flu symptoms,  stuffed nose, pain in my throat when I swallow, fatigue, I threw up one time and had a slight fever Saturday night 100.5F) that went down by itself. 

Some small cough developed last night with very little phlegm. 

I know I didn't catch COVID, it all happened after the cold pressurized air for few hours. 
Could that be a cause of the above sickness ? 

Thanks.
RE: Cpap made me sick?
I would guess unrelated if you have all those symptoms, sounds like you got a bug of some sort.

Dryness would be the main thing you would notice and that could cause some discomfort but is unlikely to cause a full body illness. Many people sleep without humidifiers in the CPAP and have no issues with doing so (dryness being the only issue for most people).
I cannot imagine how using CPAP could trigger those symptoms. If it was me I would go get tested for COVID and if negative would mark it down to a flu. But if it continued for a few more days would go get tested again to be sure.
This new Omicron variant is spreading like wildfire. They believe it is airborne now and that the masks that were helpful with previous variants are little help now (need N95s now). I believe Omicron like previous variants still takes a couple days to become symptomatic (as do most viruses) so you can't determine what made you sick by the moment your symptoms set in. Just something to be aware of, definitely shouldn't assume it is not covid.

I am just hoping Omicron is as mild as first reports are saying (commonly cold like) and that it doesn't mutate into a more dangerous version with the same transmission.
(12-21-2021, 12:35 PM)koy23 Wrote: "I know I didn't catch COVID"

How do you know for sure, have you been tested? I would want to be tested to at least rule that out.

I doubt that your Cpap is the culprit.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks ALL for your feedback, I went to take the Covid test.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 366 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 330 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 550 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Made a few tweaks , trying to analyze FordGuy84 0 386 06-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Last Post: FordGuy84
  Any chages to be made to CPAP machine? No real guidance msb1xr 1 590 12-21-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Made (Therapy Thread) Made 37 1,964 08-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Data logged and made available sancho 8 750 12-01-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.