Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap masks can worsen existing dental issues according to their manuals, apparently
Cpap masks can worsen existing dental issues according to their manuals, apparently
According to the manuals that come with cpap masks, the "worsen existing dental issues." Does anyone know what dental issues they worsen or cause? I tried calling Resmed, but they were very evasive and uninformative about the matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap masks can worsen existing dental issues according to their manuals, apparently
If you wear masks too tight, yes, they can cause dental issues. Keep in mind how braces work - tight and worn many, many hours. In addition, chronic dry mouth can cause increased cavities. Talk to your dentist about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap masks can worsen existing dental issues according to their manuals, apparently
Thanks, I have to wear the mask tightly just so it doesn't leak, unfortunately. You are totally right about braces and that's why I was concerned about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
dental issues can be caused by pressure - but also by mouth breathing. Your mouth is supposed to be moist, which if you mouth breath on cpap, it wont be.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a search on the threads about homemade mask liners (I think they use old t-shirts). There is no reason why your mask should be TIGHT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2017, 06:13 PM)DariaVader Wrote: dental issues can be caused by pressure - but also by mouth breathing. Your mouth is supposed to be moist, which if you mouth breath on cpap, it wont be.

Very true, from what I understand an excessively dry mouth can lead to recession of the gums among other problems.
(01-05-2017, 07:07 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Do a search on the threads about homemade mask liners (I think they use old t-shirts). There is no reason why your mask should be TIGHT.

Thanks very much for the tip. I'll look that up.
(01-05-2017, 06:13 PM)DariaVader Wrote: dental issues can be caused by pressure - but also by mouth breathing. Your mouth is supposed to be moist, which if you mouth breath on cpap, it wont be.

Very true, from what I understand an excessively dry mouth can lead to recession of the gums among other problems.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 154 Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 72 79,232 04-14-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,733 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 524 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 513 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 230 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.