Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap pillows and under eye bags
Cpap pillows and under eye bags
I'm fairly new on using the CPAP machine and have gone through about four masks. I am now Resmed Airfit P10 for her using and I guess it's working OK.  But I'm taking Trazodone 150mg and I still wake up several times during the night. I'm wondering if a CPAP pillow would help or possibly buying a Mypillow. Any suggestions?

Also I am getting bags on my cheek bones which seem to be starting to cause wrinkles, I think this is from the mask?

Any thoughts or suggestions would really help because I'm really struggling with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap pillows and under eye bags
Hi cindylouwho,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask is the most challenging part of this therapy, I have tried quite a few masks ‘till I found one that worked for me. You might have to try, yet another one.
I think there are a couple threads about different pillows here on the board.
I wish you good luck on your CPAP journey and also with finding a mask that works for you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found the CPAPfit buckwheat chaff pillow (Amazon $49) to be quite comfortable. It's not a soft pillow. It can be configured to maintain the position of your head and support your neck to the degree you find comfortable. It's especially helpful to prevent chin tucking and associated flow limitations. Pillow comfort, of course, is a very individual thing. I hope you find one you find comfortable.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!

I use the same pillow and find that it works well, once you get used to sleeping on buckwheat hulls.  It is much quieter than one I tried years ago.

The marks on your cheeks suggest that the mask straps might be too tight.  The P10 should not take a lot of force to keep in place.  I would start by loosening them and see if the pillows stay in place while the marks on your cheeks lessen.  If that does not provide the relief you need, see Supplier #31 on the list at the top of the  page.  They make pads that go over the mask straps and spread out the force to lessen or eliminate the marks.  I have used them and found them effective.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thank you

Cindy
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the fleece covers made by that supplier (Padacheek) and they have completely eliminated any lines that I got from my P10 straps. I pull the fleece covers forward so that they cover the curve in the headgear, the point where it first touches your cheek, close to your nose.

The pillow suggestions are good ones! I would also add, once you have a couple of more posts to make sure to post your data from Sleepyhead software. The links explaining everything are in my signature below. Also make sure to arrange the data so that we can offer you some suggestions on how to increase the effectiveness and comfort of your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,757 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 530 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Keep getting air bolus in mouth w nasal pillows Palmtrees 7 681 12-28-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.