Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap provider overbilling insurance Company
RE: Cpap provider overbilling insurance Company
Yeah my niece is a RN and I remember her when she was going through school having such a positive attitude and a genuine desire to help people. Now after 15 years in nursing she talks about how that desire is still there but the "business" of healthcare has changed her.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap provider overbilling insurance Company
I just, went round and round with my DME. I told them i needed to to know what they were billing the insurance so i know what my part will be, so they say we don't know what they will pay ( yeah right ). I got my cpap last Wednesday i gave them till Monday to get me a price, i told them they knew what they were going to charge, and it is to be billed as a purchase not rental. My rental price would have been 85.00 for 13 months. I told them i would not pay that, i can get a new one for a lower price. Also the insurance said they could wait for 12 months to file the claim, so i called the DME and , gave them till Monday to file or they were getting the machine back. I called and checked and they said it was done, so i called the insurance and asked how long it takes for the claim to show up, they told me 2 weeks. So in 2 weeks if it s not showing up, the DME will get there cpap back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,534 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 273 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 272 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.