Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap sound-proof box
RE: Cpap sound-proof box
It sounds like you have quite a case of insomnia going there. Yes, the machine definite sounds much less loud to me now than it did when I first got it. It just takes a few weeks to begin to get used to the sound of it.

Yeah, I'd build the box. I've seen photos from other people on this forum who have done that.

All the usual stuff about sleep hygiene goes for getting used to a CPAP machine, too.

Good luck.

(07-03-2016, 11:16 AM)Ostrich Wrote: Im using zopiclone but it doesnt help with the cpap just toss and turning into eternity. I've got melatonin also but it doesn't work.

With patience I might find the machine less annoying? Im gonna make a soundproof box because it cannot get worse Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 is dead quiet even sitting on my wood nightstand a few inches from my head and at the same level. Sometimes I get a whistle during use, and I've found this is caused by vibration at the junction of the humidifier ports and the machine ports. I smear a light film of petroleum jelly on the inside of the humidifier ports, and it eliminates the whistle completely for about a month until it slowly starts again.

If you are disturbed by blower noise, then maybe you have a defective machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2016, 08:40 PM)green wings Wrote: It sounds like you have quite a case of insomnia going there. Yes, the machine definite sounds much less loud to me now than it did when I first got it. It just takes a few weeks to begin to get used to the sound of it.

Yeah, I'd build the box. I've seen photos from other people on this forum who have done that.

All the usual stuff about sleep hygiene goes for getting used to a CPAP machine, too.

Good luck.

(07-03-2016, 11:16 AM)Ostrich Wrote: Im using zopiclone but it doesnt help with the cpap just toss and turning into eternity. I've got melatonin also but it doesn't work.

With patience I might find the machine less annoying? Im gonna make a soundproof box because it cannot get worse Big Grin

Yes something is wrong because it doesnt matter if Im totally wasted I cannot fall asleep and same goes for naps during the day etc. My doctor is very old and deny any sort of insomnia as a cause for sleeping problems and only talks about patience, even tho I've had sleeping problems my whole life but worsening with cpap.

I've followed all steps, I workout 1-2 hours a day, walk my dog, turn off computer/tv but like I said Im very tired but the ability to relax(?) and fall asleep is problematic. I also think my nasal pillow airfit 10 doesnt allow me to breathe properly thru my nose or I need to practice inhaling less air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just thought I'd mention Ostrich, don't get hooked on the Zopiclone. I had several sleepless nights getting off it. My GP claims it is not addictive, but I think it is based on my own experience. And I found the longer you took it, the more you needed.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Google "White noise machines"...There's plenty available with differing options.
I have a friend that also had the same problem getting to sleep with his Cpap machine until his therapist suggested he try a white noise machine, no more sleepless nights....he now swears by it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_noise_machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2016, 06:15 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Just thought I'd mention Ostrich, don't get hooked on the Zopiclone. I had several sleepless nights getting off it. My GP claims it is not addictive, but I think it is based on my own experience. And I found the longer you took it, the more you needed.

I know but I don't seem to have much of a choice since I'm already suffering from insomnia. Gonna read some more about white noise. life sucks. Crying-into-tissue
Post Reply Post Reply
Life is great. It is the alternative that sucks.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2016, 05:00 AM)Ostrich Wrote: I also think my nasal pillow airfit 10 doesnt allow me to breathe properly thru my nose or I need to practice inhaling less air.

You may need to raise your minimum pressure to relieve the suffocating feeling.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2016, 10:59 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Life is great. It is the alternative that sucks.

Is it? I was dead for over 13 billion years and don't remember any of it, so I can't say one way or the other.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to ask your doctor about a low dose benzodiazepine like Xanax. It works as a sleep aid for some people.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 258 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 319 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 238 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,924 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 537 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  UARS Proof - Resmed Airlink Nasal Cannula Apnea23 0 549 06-07-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Apnea23
  Constant air leak sound but leak doesn't show up in software shanky 2 882 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: shanky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.