Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap sound-proof box
RE: Cpap sound-proof box
Xanax is a high potency benzo with 1 mg approximately equal to 20 mg of Valium.
It has a short half life -- about 6 hours; and a shorter therapeutic time window.
end result -- a very deep "hook."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2016, 08:19 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(07-05-2016, 10:59 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Life is great. It is the alternative that sucks.

Is it? I was dead for over 13 billion years and don't remember any of it, so I can't say one way or the other.

Are you sure that you have the correct tense??? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2016, 05:00 AM)Ostrich Wrote: I also think my nasal pillow airfit 10 doesnt allow me to breathe properly thru my nose or I need to practice inhaling less air.

My supplier told me "you look like a size small nasal pillows." That left me feeling like I was suffocating, so after 30 minutes of that, I switched to a larger size (medium). It made a HUGE difference. Don't practice inhaling less air! More is better.

After 12 months using a size medium, I switched up even more, to a large. Reading here that people say it doesn't have to go IN the nostril, just sit ON them (allowing the air pressure to keep it in place), I figured I'd give the size large a try. I like it a lot! Lots more air!

So - you might try a larger nasal pillows. Although that won't help with the noise.

[Oh, I couldn't stand the noise my humidifer unit made either, plus I was too lazy to clean and refill it. Having spent six years or so on an older unit with no humidifier, I just took my humidifier off. You can buy a replacement side panel, if you really want to permanently omit the humidifier. But you have to be able to stand sleep with no humidity added. ]
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a shame that doctors are so ignorant about science and engineering.

Your CPAP machine can push your breathing air through a 2 meter long tube with a 22 mm inside diameter and not suffer much pressure drop.

Simply cut a 22 mm or larger diameter air hole in the far side of the box and the machine will still be able to "breathe" adequately through that hole. Unless you make a really tight box, you'll probably get more than enough air leakage even if you don't drill a special air hole. You have to have holes for the CPAP tubing and power cord anyway, so just make a decent size hole for those and you'll get plenty of air in the box.

The air inside the box won't get stale because your CPAP machine will be blowing 20 liters per minute or more out of the box through the hose, and that much fresh air will be coming back into the box to flush out any stale air.

(07-03-2016, 08:53 AM)Ostrich Wrote: I've read some threads about creating some kind of "sound proof" box but here In Sweden my doctor told me its a big no due to the ventilation. I really need to find a solution because I'm tired and can hardly work, also got ADHD so life is a complete disaster. Oral device works on paper but still feels dead in the morning.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you have both sleep apnea and insomnia. The xPAP addresses the SA in most people, but not insomnia. My AHI is usually 1.5 plus or minus, rarely more than 5. Yet some nights I just can't get to sleep, and my bedroom is silent, even with the windows open. As I mentioned, the Airsense 10 is dead quiet - I never hear the fan running even with the machine sitting next to my head. When I can't get to sleep, I need to take something. Sometimes I take Valerian Root and sometimes I take .5mg of Xanax. One of them usually works for me. So don't confuse SA with insomnia. They are two different disorders. If your AHI is consistently below 5 and you're still not able to sleep, then see your doctor about a pharmaceutical solution for your insomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply
What helped me a bit was putting the machine below my head and below the edge of the bed. I keep it in a drawer and then just pull the drawer out at night. It helped some with the noise issue. I know what you mean about the heartbeat. I also hear myself breath and that keeps me awake. I finally got Put on Ambien. You could also try an over the counter sleep med. it does make an amazing difference if you can use it at least four hours a night. Another idea is if you wake up in the night, put it on then and sleep the rest of the night with it. I have woken at 4-5 am after not being able to go to sleep earlier and taking it off, then putting it on in the early morning for four hours. Keep trying; it will get better and you will feel better!
Another thing that helped me was to get CPap covers on the Internet (I found them on Amazon). Somehow they deaden the sound somewhat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 186 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,873 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 512 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  UARS Proof - Resmed Airlink Nasal Cannula Apnea23 0 527 06-07-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Apnea23
  Constant air leak sound but leak doesn't show up in software shanky 2 856 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: shanky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.