Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap supplier jerking your chain
Cpap supplier jerking your chain
Have any of you delt with Rotech/American Health Services? They are jerking me around big time on my replacement cpap. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap supplier jerking your chain
It seems that many DMEs jerk their clients around.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using ROTECH almost from the start of my therapy in Sept. of 2018. They've been very good so far.

How are they jerking you around?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2022, 05:01 PM)ger365 Wrote: Have any of you delt with Rotech/American Health Services? They are jerking me around big time on my replacement cpap. Thanks

Can you be more specific? Is it any availability issue? Insurer issue? Or just a customer service clerk issue? Most DMEs do not go out of their way to provide bad service, it seems endemic to large volume enterprises with anonymous clerks. Escalate to management or engage your insurer.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting thread.

My experience in London and Toronto Ontario has been that DME suppliers were hand in hand with the sleep docs they serve. Paper work flowed from the Doc's office to the DME supplier. I've had 2 Respironics bricks. I've had no choice in mask brands or styles. That was for a period of about 20 years.

Since then I've found a DME supplier that does an extraordinary job for me. I found them by networking and talking to people at work with mask marks on their face. It's a big office!

Now I've found other suppliers from the list here. They've been very helpful. Masks are sold much cheaper. However, my DME offers me trial masks and that simplifies my search.

Lesson I've learned with sleep docs and DME Suppliers. Be my own advocate. No one can do it better.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
I sent a defective AS10 back, they picked it up. Now they demand I travel 3 towns away so they can show me how to use the AS11, like I don't know...lol. Told them I don't have a car and no one to take me there. They demand I go there and pay $76+ for 3-5 minutes showing me how to use the machine. I can't afford that. Confused
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you request a video conference a la ZOOM etc. My DME does that especially because of Covid.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad things are better for you!...sorrry you went through that...
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry nope...not set up...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not set-up for teleconference. And they probably charge big time for that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 218 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 561 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 541 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  Insurance and DME supplier vs Online purchases ajthatch 4 846 10-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Supplier no. 9? And Resmed hose question TheManseHen 5 948 04-22-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SilverD
  Supplier Does Not Have CPAP Units to Dispense jomomma 16 2,323 03-24-2022, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Aldebaran
  Diagnosed looking for an online supplier AZCardsfan73 4 778 03-23-2022, 08:29 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.