Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap vs Vpap settings
Cpap vs Vpap settings
I am temporarily using a Vpap. I normally use a CPap wth 14 pounds of pressure.
What levels on the Vpap would equal the Cpap. My cpap is not working and I am
on vacation.
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap vs Vpap settings
If you have an S9 VPAP Auto, you can set it to act like your CPAP. I am not sure how to get into the Clinician's menu on the S9 but someone will come along with that information. Go into the settings menu and your first choice should be "mode". Your choices will be Auto, Spont (bilevel), CPAP. Choose CPAP and it will dump you into the pressure setting. Set your pressure. I am not sure if the CPCP menu offers EPR but if it does, set it the same as your CPAP and you should be ready to rock and roll.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!! I hope that does it!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 09:27 PM)GMark Wrote: I am temporarily using a Vpap. I normally use a CPap wth 14 pounds of pressure.
You mean 14 cm H20 of pressure. Which is a whole lot less than 14 pounds of pressure.

Quote:What levels on the Vpap would equal the Cpap. My cpap is not working and I am
on vacation.
Mark
On a VPAP there are two ways you make the VPAP work just like your CPAP.

Method 1: Change the mode from VPAP S (or VPAP Auto) to CPAP and set the pressure at 14 cm.

Method 2: Leave the mode alone, but set:
EPAP (or min EPAP) = 14
IPAP (or max IPAP) = 14
PS = 0 (if there is a PS setting)

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,247 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 231 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 261 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 938 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 407 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.