Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Crashed my sidecar.
I think I might have a bit of difficulty with CPAP tonight.

Sternum, ribs, and knee in one hell of a lot of pain..

Wrote off my sidecar today on a ride. Oops

The bike stopped when it hit the fallen tree [no, I didn't knock the tree down with the bike] but I continued on, slammed my chest in to the windscreen and right knee in to the fairing frame.

[Image: 20160820_110137_zps8ncsim33.jpg]

Only a bit of a curve in the dirt road, but the sidecar wheel dropped in a pothole and threw me off line, if the tree had been removed after it fell down I would have made it with just running wide on the bend.
Excrement occurs as they say.

[Image: 20160820_105832_zpsaujzpnto.jpg]

It looked like this 20 minutes prior to the accident.

[Image: 20160820_103544_zpskyb6tebc.jpg]

Not sure yet if it will be repairable, but the sidecar and frame are undamaged, so if I can't fix the bike I will find another one to transfer the sidecar over to.

Now... where are my pain killers and red wine... I'm hurting. Bug-eyed
Post Reply Post Reply
Ouch, that had to hurt bad. Feel sorry for you, Ockrocket. If the pain persists make sure to go to the doctor.

Confused
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
hope you recover soon...

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply

Ouch! I feel for you. Did you have a passenger in the sidecar? I hope he/she got out OK?
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys....

My upper body took out the whole dash area and windscreen off the fairing.

I have been back up to the house I left the bike at, a mate is going to recover it by trailer for me tomorrow.

Surprisingly, I think I will be able to repair the damage... though possibly with a fairing and bits from some other brand/model of bike, 1984 Honda VF500F parts are not that readily available these days, and the fairing wasn't original anyway.

My left thigh, and left wrist have now joined the pain chorus.. might have a fracture in the wrist as it clicks now and then when I rotate it.

[Image: 20160820_160458_zps3pn9s2uq.jpg]

The front leading link suspension and steering seem undamaged, and the steering head and frame are straight and undamaged as well.
The sidecar chassis and mounting points are built extra strong, so no damage there either.

[Image: 20160820_160428_zpssrchufmq.jpg]

All in all it has been less traumatic than it could have been..

Now as long as my wife doesn't find out before she gets on the plane to come back to Australia tonight it will be fine, I don't want her stressing about my injuries on an eight and a half hour overnight flight back to Sydney.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems the speedometer is struck at 60 Km/H.
I hope that wasn't your speed at impact.
Post Reply Post Reply

I tend to leave dirt riding to dirt bikes. You're a nutcase riding a street motorcycle with sidecar on a dirt path passing as a road. Heal fast, and enjoy your next ride. The instrument panel doesn't look very good, did the forks get bent?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2016, 08:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I tend to leave dirt riding to dirt bikes. You're a nutcase riding a street motorcycle with sidecar on a dirt path passing as a road. Heal fast, and enjoy your next ride. The instrument panel doesn't look very good, did the forks get bent?
We will blame it on the sleep apnea! ( Loco )

I'm glad things aren't any worse. Get well soon.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ow ow ow ow

Hey, if I come to Aussie, will you give me a ride in the side car? I'd love a bike but I can't straddle.

Hope all heals for you and the bike is fixable. Your wife is going to smack you, though. You know that, right?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Ockrocket,
Boy! it sure sounds like you banged yourself up pretty good, get well, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply