Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Crashed my sidecar.
(08-20-2016, 06:30 AM)justMongo Wrote: Seems the speedometer is struck at 60 Km/H.
I hope that wasn't your speed at impact.

Yes it is the speed I hit the tree at. Crazy
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2016, 08:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I tend to leave dirt riding to dirt bikes. You're a nutcase riding a street motorcycle with sidecar on a dirt path passing as a road. Heal fast, and enjoy your next ride. The instrument panel doesn't look very good, did the forks get bent?

Well that is something that has been known for decades now. Dielaughing

No, the forks didn't get bent... it has a leading link front end built specifically for sidecar us, not the standard bike forks, far stronger than ordinary forks and took the hit without any damage.

I have a DR650 dual sport bike, and a KLE500 adventure touring bike too.

21 bikes owned so far over the years.... I'm only 62, so I'm sure I will own a few more yet. like
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2016, 02:37 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Ouch! I feel for you. Did you have a passenger in the sidecar? I hope he/she got out OK?

No passenger, if there had been then the extra weight would have kept the sidecar wheel down and the bike would have stayed on line around the slight curve.

The sudden shift to two wheels meant the whole rig behaved like a two wheel motorcycle... on a sidecar you push the handlebars left to go left, on two wheels you push the handlebars left to go right.. it is called counter steering, and that is what happened the instant the sidecar wheel lifted.
Post Reply Post Reply

(08-20-2016, 11:11 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Ow ow ow ow

Hey, if I come to Aussie, will you give me a ride in the side car? I'd love a bike but I can't straddle.

Hope all heals for you and the bike is fixable. Your wife is going to smack you, though. You know that, right?

Yes, you can have a ride in the sidecar, and I promise not to hit any trees. Wink

And no, she didn't smack me when I picked her up this morning at the airport.. so all good. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
H
(08-21-2016, 06:00 AM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 11:11 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Ow ow ow ow

Hey, if I come to Aussie, will you give me a ride in the side car? I'd love a bike but I can't straddle.

Hope all heals for you and the bike is fixable. Your wife is going to smack you, though. You know that, right?

Yes, you can have a ride in the sidecar, and I promise not to hit any trees. Wink

And no, she didn't smack me when I picked her up this morning at the airport.. so all good. Coffee

Has your wife actually seen the bike and side-car? The pictures look as though your body took quite the hit and has good reason to be complaining a LOT!! Glad you were not injured more severely.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have felt your pain in the past, which is why I no longer ride.

I hope you heal quickly, get that wrist x-rayed and lay up for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply

Yes my wife has seen the bike, she arrived back from overseas yesterday... it was the first thing I told her when I picked her up at the airport.
Though the accident happened Saturday morning before she was due to get on the plane bound for home I didn't tell her, didn't want her stressing on an eight and a half hour overnight flight back.

Body took a big hit, as you can see in the photo of the dashboard on the bike, the speedo is stuck at almost 60 kph... I wear proper bike gear, so the injuries don't show up externally so much, but sort of wishing I'd had the extra body armour motocross riders use in this particular case.

I love riding too much Chill, it will take me more than that to get me off bikes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! That was a massive hit! Glad you're okay mate! A friend of mine recently got jumped by a kangaroo as he was going around a turn, jumped him right off his bike! The bike was a write off but luckily bones are flexible. Good luck with repairing your bike. I'm a Canberrian by the way!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ride on brother - ride on.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

(08-19-2016, 10:56 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: I think I might have a bit of difficulty with CPAP tonight.

Sternum, ribs, and knee in one hell of a lot of pain..

Wrote off my sidecar today on a ride. Oops

Now... where are my pain killers and red wine... I'm hurting. Bug-eyed

Pain killers + alcohol may mess up CPAP therapy anyway as well as lower your respiration rate. Be careful.

Best of luck with your recovery.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply