Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advise on (to me) strange AHI pattern
RE: Advise on (to me) strange AHI pattern
How often is this pattern happening? Once in a while? (I.e. this was a bad and unusual night.) or all the time? (I.e. your data often looks this way.)

If this night's an outlier, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The nasty cluster happens in the first hour after going to bed and it may be that restlessness and transition to sleep problems is causing the machine to misinterpret wakeful breathing patterns as sleep disordered breathing.

But if this kind of thing is happening on a lot of nights, then there may be a clinically significant problem with the transition to sleep. And that means contacting the sleep doc's office and letting them know what you're worried about.

Finally: The AHI graph in SH simply measures the total number of apneas + hypopneas scored in the last 60 minutes of the current session. It will reset to 0 when you turn the machine off and back on. If you don't reset the machine, it will take a full hour of event-free run-time before this graph will return to 0. ResScan has a similar graph, but the ResScan graph resets to 0 at the top of every hour---even if you're in the middle of a nasty cluster of events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 240 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,374 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,884 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  [Symptoms] Palate prolapse breathing pattern ? zaienk 22 1,871 01-18-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 314 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Breathing pattern identification, Flow limitations and posture SingleH 95 6,895 12-28-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: k888
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,181 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.