Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Crazy night
Crazy night
Man - I went crazy last night with every kind of apenea out their LOL - 87 events in 6 1/2 hours - but this is the first night in about a week that I was able to keep the mask on all night - here is my graph from last night:

[Image: 62512.jpg]

this with using the EVO Medical ComfortFit Full Face Mask, which is comfy, but a big leak prone if anything touches the mask during the night, blanket resting on it, pillow pushing from side - I will use the Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP Mask

Now, I had my machine for exactly one month - I had to exchange my nasal mask for the FFM about 4 days into treatment becouse of a cold and could not breath through my nose - called them today, for the replacement cushion for the FFM, and filter - and before I was done, they are also sending me the nasal mask - I still not elegible for a replacement mask for another 2 months, but cool they are doing it now instead of making me wait - now next month, I can call and get more filters, and the new cushion for the FFM, and for the nasal if I need it!! - really going to be nice to be able to make that switch when I need to - and now I can swap with me wife, when she has a cold - she can use the FFM - when I need it I can use it - with good cleaning in between though.

Hopefully will be able to get to some my better graphs - this is my first night with the nasal - a LOT different than what I have saw since I started with the FFM:

[Image: nasal.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crazy night
Your first night with the nasal mask certainly does show much better leak control than the first "crazy night" graph above it! Last night's leak graph shows that for the greater part of the night, your leaks remained below that 25 cm suggested cutoff for controlled leaks used by ResScan. However, it appears that you may have some Central issue that might need attention. Here, I'm looking first at the first graph you attached where Central (clear airway) is a noticeable slice of the pie graph, and then in last night's printout that CA slice grew considerably and likely to the extent that it shouldn't be ignored.
BTW, you may find it useful to compare your SD data in SH with that displayed in ResScan. Having looked at both with my SD data, I'm starting to lean in the direction of ResScan as perhaps being more detailed in its graphing traces for the night's activities. I've also noticed that data reported by the two software programs doesn't always agree, something for which my fellow board members have yet to explain in response to a posting I made on that topic.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crazy night
(06-25-2012, 07:44 PM)Dawei Wrote: Your first night with the nasal mask certainly does show much better leak control than the first "crazy night" graph above it! Last night's leak graph shows that for the greater part of the night, your leaks remained below that 25 cm suggested cutoff for controlled leaks used by ResScan. However, it appears that you may have some Central issue that might need attention. Here, I'm looking first at the first graph you attached where Central (clear airway) is a noticeable slice of the pie graph, and then in last night's printout that CA slice grew considerably and likely to the extent that it shouldn't be ignored.
BTW, you may find it useful to compare your SD data in SH with that displayed in ResScan. Having looked at both with my SD data, I'm starting to lean in the direction of ResScan as perhaps being more detailed in its graphing traces for the night's activities. I've also noticed that data reported by the two software programs doesn't always agree, something for which my fellow board members have yet to explain in response to a posting I made on that topic.

Ya - I went and compared the two - and thier is a slight different in the leak data, and flow rate data - the rest if right on, so no sure what causes that, at least with mine - the difference is small. I don't know - I spend a lot of time trying to figure outt he rescan charts, and it just confusing to me - trying to relate one event with the rest of what is going on, I find that SH is just easier to use - and give the data is more useable way - but I guess we can all like the same thing - that would mike life kind of boring LOL - ya, I have been with the centrals, just wait and see if they get better - well, it has been 30-day exactly now since I started with CPAP, and I think it is about time to see about making some changes - just not sure what change needs to be to maybe help keep the centrals down. I go see the sleep doc in 30-days from today
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Mask driving me crazy phoebesalva 8 514 01-08-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  Low RDI but still feeling tired... crazy tidal volume psreiser 2 550 10-12-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: psreiser
Gross Mask noises are making me crazy Dreamless 7 842 09-08-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Wife's Crazy Sleeping Heart Rate, Ideas? Apnea23 11 1,176 04-14-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: pwnorris

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.