Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Creating profile in OSCAR
RE: Creating profile in OSCAR
Click Cathy 3 then click the welcome tab, and the Cathy 3 profile should b used nothing more required unless I am confused
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Creating profile in OSCAR
(05-17-2019, 07:10 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 06:59 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: You got the correct term. I had it in dark mode, and switched it back to normal. Text on the screen is still hard to read as I am running at the default setting for the laptop. Unfortunately when I go to the next larger text size, everything runs off the screen.

I can't offer much help as I don't have a Mac and cannot see your screen.  I know OSCAR looks fine on my 15.6" Dell laptop, even at reduced resolution, so am surprised that you are having problems on a 15" Mac.  I would have thought that similar geometries would yield similar results, but what do I know?  You could try resizing the OSCAR window by pulling in on the corner in the usual fashion. 

I should probably just shut up now as I am getting beyond my area of technical experience.   Big Grin
Macs have always had higher resolutions and the Retina screens work quite well. Once I get inside OSCAR, graphs and such are fine. Have no problems with other software at the default resolution. I didn't have the time yesterday to go to a custom setting, but that may be something to try in the future. I've been busy catching up on a lot of secretarial type minutes and power point files for our church. I am eventually going to load OSCAR on my Lenovo Ideapad POS laptop running Windoze 10. I am in the process of swapping out the drive on that one to a SSD and doing a  fresh install on Win10 at the same time. That should speed it up. Part of it's problem was it came with Win 8 and I "upgraded" to 7, then went to 8.1 and finally to 10. Now I have the chance to do a fresh install and clean out all the garbage left behind. Don't mind reinstalling software as most of what is on it is back up for my Macs and to have a Windoze machine.

I actually like fussing with new software as you get a chance to learn how it works. USed to do support for Intuit and I was on a couple of Beta teams both for product and some of our inhouse software. You just keep learning something new. My desktop Mac doesn't have Dark Mode and it won't run OSCAR (OS is 10.11.6). It runs quite well seeing as it is almost 12 years old and does 90% of what I need.If I work with videos, I jump over the to laptop and work from there.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 1 43 04-17-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: breathingwell
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,333 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 250 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 191 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,846 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 663 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 558 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.