Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Creating profile in OSCAR
Creating profile in OSCAR
Not sure where to post this - installed OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1 on my 15" Retina MacBook Pro running OS 10.14.4. I can get OSCAR to open, however, I cannot create a profile. SH was never installed on the laptop.

I have tried installing with my SD Card in a USB Card reader and without the card reader. After installing per the Wiki I ejected the installer and restarted the computer. Still can't create a profile after opening. Occurs on both my Admin and primary user accounts. Primary user account is also an admin. I can not use my SD card in the built in card slot as the slot is in use as an additional SSD drive.

Any ideas?
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
[split] OSCAR is Released and Live
(05-11-2019, 02:44 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Not sure where to post this - installed OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1 on my 15" Retina MacBook Pro running OS 10.14.4. I can get OSCAR to open, however, I cannot create a profile. SH was never installed on the laptop.

I have tried installing with my SD Card in a USB Card reader and without the card reader. After installing per the Wiki I ejected the installer and restarted the computer. Still can't create a profile after opening. Occurs on both my Admin and primary user accounts. Primary user account is also an admin. I can not use my SD card in the built in card slot as the slot is in use as an additional SSD drive.

Any ideas?

What happens when you click on the "New Profile" button on the right side of the screen?  Does it ask you for a profile name?  If so, what happens next?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Creating profile in OSCAR
Not an option -I have a gray button on the right side that says you must create a profile. The button and everything on the right side of the screen (not the navigation area) is essentially grayed out. When I tried to take a screen shot with the built in screen shot utility, Oscar crashed. The crash report that came up had a lot of missing sections - ie not readable. (looked at enough of them over the years to know what I should be seeing)
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What operating system are you using? Had OSCAR been working prior til today or is this a new install?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The "New Profile" button directly above the "Profile: None, You must create a profile" box on the right should exist and should be enabled. If it is there, whether appearing to be enabled or not, can you click on it?

I have confirmed that the built-in screen capture utility causes a crash if no profile yet exists; it does this on Windows as well. I have logged this as an issue.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2019, 11:11 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: What operating system are you using?  Had OSCAR been working prior til today or is this a new install?

This is a new install - OSCAR never installed on the mac nor has SH been installed. I am running Mac OS 10.14.4 on  MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM, SSD drive and the built in SD card reader has a SD card installed as an additional drive. Installing OSCAR to the main SSD. 

Issue occurs on multiple users (both of which have admin rights) and when I tried uninstalling and reinstalling I even checked the plists and after unstall, emptied the trash and rebooted from a full shut down and tried a reinstall with a fresh download.
Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] OSCAR is Released and Live
    GuyScharf
(05-11-2019, 02:44 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Not sure where to post this - installed OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1 on my 15" Retina MacBook Pro running OS 10.14.4. I can get OSCAR to open, however, I cannot create a profile. SH was never installed on the laptop.

Any ideas?

What happens when you click on the "New Profile" button on the right side of the screen?  Does it ask you for a profile name?  If so, what happens next?

Think I may have found the issue. The Create Profile text is white on a light gray button almost impossible to read. Once I found the button, I was able to create a profile. The dark gray button below it with the New Profile message isn't much better either. 

I am including a screenshot of what I see on the main profile screen. Took the screen shot with the OSCAR screenshot utility.  I had to convert it over to a jpeg as it was too large for the forum. As you can see, the colors and contrasts leave a lot to be desired.
Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, your Mac is in "dark mode" (or whatever the right name is). The current version of OSCAR does not support dark mode (because the QT system we use does not support it). A future release will use a plist to force a light mode for the application. Meanwhile, if you can set your Mac to be black on white instead of white on black you should be able to see things better.

Please pardon me if my terminology is wrong--I am not a Mac user. I do know we are working on a work-around to this problem as an interim solution until QT fully supports the Mac's dark mode.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2019, 06:25 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Ah, your Mac is in "dark mode" (or whatever the right name is).  The current version of OSCAR does not support dark mode (because the QT system we use does not support it).  A future release will use a plist to force a light mode for the application.  Meanwhile, if you can set your Mac to be black on white instead of white on black you should be able to see things better.

Please pardon me if my terminology is wrong--I am not a Mac user.  I do know we are working on a work-around to this problem as an interim solution until QT fully supports the Mac's dark mode.

Guy,

You got the correct term. I had it in dark mode, and switched it back to normal. Text on the screen is still hard to read as I am running at the default setting for the laptop. Unfortunately when I go to the next larger text size, everything runs off the screen.
Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2019, 06:59 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: You got the correct term. I had it in dark mode, and switched it back to normal. Text on the screen is still hard to read as I am running at the default setting for the laptop. Unfortunately when I go to the next larger text size, everything runs off the screen.

I can't offer much help as I don't have a Mac and cannot see your screen.  I know OSCAR looks fine on my 15.6" Dell laptop, even at reduced resolution, so am surprised that you are having problems on a 15" Mac.  I would have thought that similar geometries would yield similar results, but what do I know?  You could try resizing the OSCAR window by pulling in on the corner in the usual fashion. 

I should probably just shut up now as I am getting beyond my area of technical experience.   Big Grin
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 1 23 4 hours ago
Last Post: breathingwell
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,325 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 237 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 189 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,840 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 660 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 557 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.