Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Crinkle/collapse sound from hose/Rainout
Crinkle/collapse sound from hose/Rainout
Hi everyone, I think that treatment has been going good so far.

I heard a sound that I didn't expect from my hose the past couple of nights. When I breath in it sound like a crackle or collapsing sound from the hose. Is this normal to hear? It doesn't persist for very long but I wanted to make sure it was normal.

I also experienced what I think was rainout last night. I woke up a few times in the night with water being on my neck. I believe that it was from the seal that goes around my mouth/chin from using a FFM.
I think that this may be from pushing up the humidity in the middle of the night. I had woke up and my nose felt stuffy, so I increased it from 6 to 8 to see how it would work. I also noticed water vapor and maybe a droplet or two in the mask when I got up this morning.

I will continue to monitor this to see if I continue to have anymore issues. I will drop the humidity back to down to either 4 or 5 tonight. If it doesn't clear up then I may get something to put over the hose or look into a climate-line hose. Thanks!

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crinkle/collapse sound from hose/Rainout
What you're describing is normal. Several things to try will include: locating the xPAP below mattress level, routing the hose to shape much like a "P" or "S" trap, consider a ClimateLine heated hose, and reducing the humidity level. If you turn down the bedroom temp at night you might consider raising it. The warmer the air, the more moisture it can carry.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 191 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 286 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.