Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Wisp
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Crossing Time Zones
I have a Resmed S9 autoset with the H5i humidifier.

Recently I went on vacation to UK, and crossed 7 time zones in the process. I wanted to reset the clock on the machine as well as the date but the S9 would not allow me to do so, coming up with a message saying that there was already data existing for that time and day. Possible, however since I had not used the machine for 2 days, highly unlikely.

I had the genius idea of popping the SD card out and resetting everything, which I did.... reset the date and time.... popping the card back in and continuing my therapy.

I was a little bothered by my aqctions so came online, but never found out anything written about this.....

I just returned from my vacation, now crossing 7 time zones in the opposite direction, so again, tried to reset the clock, again greeted by the same error message (which I personally thin is impossible, as we havent reached the the time yet).. so i did the same thing, popped the card out, reset the machine, and popped the card back in

Now I find, looking at the card, all the data since I last changed the card in August has disappeared.....

2 questions:

1.... Is there any way of retrieving the lost date

2..... How do i reset the machine if i cross time zones?

And here's the really weird part... Sleepy head can see the date, whereas Rescan cannot.... I believe my physician (and sadly there is only 1 sleep doctor in this country) uses only the rescan software

Thanks in advance
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 10:50 AM by rayks.)
10-11-2013 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

Sex: Male

RE: Crossing Time Zones
Umm - unless it's a 'move' I never change date or time on my machine. I keep it on my home time zone at all times, mainly so I don't have issues like you've stated. Sadly, I have no other answer other than to not do this.

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
10-11-2013 11:51 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Crossing Time Zones
Try a different card. Put an empty one into the machine and let it do its thing. Give it some time to think about it. Then see if it wrote anything on it.

When I travel, I don't change the time on the thing.

Also check to see if the compliance hours are correct. If the hours are there, then at least you can say you used it. If the doc needs to see the data for compliance reasons, contact them now and ask what to do.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-11-2013 12:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is it time to replace cushion on the mask worthog 3 206 11-26-2016 10:50 PM
Last Post: GP49
  ASV/ Central apena - Time for a second opinion? Feisty Folder 6 327 11-21-2016 04:14 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  When is it time to get another sleep study done. duece12345 7 342 11-19-2016 11:51 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 636 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  DreamStation - Can I use SD card and modem at same time? mcsheltie 2 256 10-28-2016 04:48 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  screen time out metropical 7 345 10-25-2016 10:38 PM
Last Post: Sleepyb
  Just Started Using an Auto CPAP this week for 1st time ApneaintheATL 4 434 10-14-2016 06:06 PM
Last Post: player