Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Crossing Time Zones
Crossing Time Zones
I have a Resmed S9 autoset with the H5i humidifier.

Recently I went on vacation to UK, and crossed 7 time zones in the process. I wanted to reset the clock on the machine as well as the date but the S9 would not allow me to do so, coming up with a message saying that there was already data existing for that time and day. Possible, however since I had not used the machine for 2 days, highly unlikely.

I had the genius idea of popping the SD card out and resetting everything, which I did.... reset the date and time.... popping the card back in and continuing my therapy.

I was a little bothered by my aqctions so came online, but never found out anything written about this.....

I just returned from my vacation, now crossing 7 time zones in the opposite direction, so again, tried to reset the clock, again greeted by the same error message (which I personally thin is impossible, as we havent reached the the time yet).. so i did the same thing, popped the card out, reset the machine, and popped the card back in

Now I find, looking at the card, all the data since I last changed the card in August has disappeared.....

2 questions:

1.... Is there any way of retrieving the lost date

2..... How do i reset the machine if i cross time zones?

And here's the really weird part... Sleepy head can see the date, whereas Rescan cannot.... I believe my physician (and sadly there is only 1 sleep doctor in this country) uses only the rescan software

Thanks in advance

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crossing Time Zones
Umm - unless it's a 'move' I never change date or time on my machine. I keep it on my home time zone at all times, mainly so I don't have issues like you've stated. Sadly, I have no other answer other than to not do this.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crossing Time Zones
Try a different card. Put an empty one into the machine and let it do its thing. Give it some time to think about it. Then see if it wrote anything on it.

When I travel, I don't change the time on the thing.

Also check to see if the compliance hours are correct. If the hours are there, then at least you can say you used it. If the doc needs to see the data for compliance reasons, contact them now and ask what to do.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,216 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.