Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead VS2 scores - (the numbers in parentheses in the Event listing)
RE: SleepyHead VS2 scores - (the numbers in parentheses in the Event listing)
(11-08-2017, 01:07 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Roncador,
I was looking for this older thread on VS and VS2 snores....found it.  Thought you would find it interesting.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/showthr...?tid=18479

.. And VERY much so! Thank you kindly for your help  - busily digesting this valuable information! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep-well
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2017, 01:06 PM)TBMx Wrote: don't let them discourage you - you are not alone!

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-machines

I guess the whole "VS2 is meaningless" can now be put to rest - once and for all  Bigwink

Nevertheless I would really be interested what you think about the actual presentation of that data?
I mean it is pretty clear that the VS2 markers have no "extra" meaning - they just clutter up the screen. (or do they not?). As far as I understand the very same information is already presented in the snore-graph.

Obviously VS2 differs to VS, as VS2 gets scored long before VS. Meaning: if the snoring itself is severe enough it gets scored as an VS event. If it is not that severe but still "vibrational snoring" it counts towards the VS2-Value in this 2 minute window.

I have a very different machine, which does the very same or at least something equal. It also "thinks" in ~2 minute windows. My machine has "epochs with snoring" - if enough snores are detected within this 2 minute-window, it gets flagged as "epoche with snoring". (As my machine decides that threshold based on the current pressure, that threshold should or needs to be user definable in the settings.)

Would you consider that kind of "presentation" as an "plus" in information. Or HOW would you present that kind of data - or omit it (as it seems to be the current suggestion.)

Well, to start with:

"But it is critically important to remember VS snores are NOT recorded if the machine is running in a fixed pressure mode.  Hence if you use a PR DreamStation PRO, a System One PRO, a DreamStation BiPAP PRO, or a System One BiPAP PRO, your SleepyHead VS = 0.0 regardless of how much snoring you are doing at night."

So my DreamStation only reports VS2 - VS is always zero.

I'm stlill a Newbie so it's difficult for me to suggest improvements to something that is already bloody marvelous :-(

I DO like the SleepyHead(SH) Daily VS2 Event listing, and the SH Snore graph. The Event listing is very helpful, especially when the accurate data is combined time-wise with my wife's real-life observations and button pushings. So for me the Event listing is more useful then the graph. Each to his own ...

What I found missing in SH was a period VS2 graph - so that's where Encore comes in and gives me a VS2 graph for whatever period I want. This is useful for comparing different "snore solutions" that I attempt.

I am NOT expecting the readings that I obtain to be completely correct but, after all, some information is better than none! As long as I can identify "tendencies" then the information that I obtain with SH and Encore VS2 reports is very useful - I just needed to analyze it first so as to try and understand exactly WHAT it was saying to me - which I think I did!

I realise that my use of SH and Encore is not to everyone's taste. My Apnea life was initiated because of a snoring problem, I managed to improve the AHI to a reasonable level and so now I'm back trying to find some sort of solution, or at least improvement, for my original problem as described by my user name here at the board - "Roncador" = "Snorer" in Portuguese :-)

Cheers - and thanks for the encouragement!
Post Reply Post Reply
TBMX wrote: " Or HOW would you present that kind of data - or omit it (as it seems to be the current suggestion.)"

My apologies - I forgot to answer this question of yours.

I use the Exported CSV report of SleepyHead to process the VS2 events and compare them with the wife's observations as recorded on the laptop.

For example, the first three lines of SH VS2 Event data are shown in last night's CSV Report as:

2017-11-09T01:43:34,704,VSnore2,1.00

2017-11-09T01:49:34,704,VSnore2,3.00

2017-11-09T01:51:34,704,VSnore2,4.00

* In case you're wondering the "704" is the session number. I've had 704 sessions with my DreamStation since last year.

This CSV file contents are then compared with my "button pushed" laptop file and are also used to produce some (I think) relevant statistics - Means, SDs, quiet and snore period durations, etc.

I agree with you that the SH Sleep Graph is very good - very visual by showing the height (event quantity) of each 2-minute window. But I still like to see and process the Event Listing - in its CSV form.

So maybe what I'm saying is that it is the Export CSV facility that makes the difference for me - in MY particular case and environment.

Go on - say it! Pure overkill! The Man is Mad! Remember that I am a retired computer engineer trying to avoid "old people's brain rundown" so, to me, any cerebral challenge and activity is good news. And, anyway, I've got lots of free time!

--
Roncador Maluco (Mad Snorer)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  manual event logging for oscar capman 2 183 03-07-2024, 02:06 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 442 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Event type display MarkChap 8 967 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 744 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
  Event Logging - Pressure at Time of Event esleepie 2 560 05-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Last Post: esleepie
  Respironics and disabling VS2 event spetzal 2 556 12-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: spetzal
  Meaning of numbers in parentheses of events in Oscar fredo48 8 1,574 10-15-2022, 07:01 AM
Last Post: fredo48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.