Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cumulative historical data limits for SD card and hard-drive access
Cumulative historical data limits for SD card and hard-drive access
Please, I hope someone will correct me where wrong below about historical data retention and capture for a patient, er, for me.

I hold and want to continue to hold my whole APAP history, but need to purge redundant day by day data, keeping only what is necessary to maintain that full history--yeah, I'm neurotic, if you will. I've used a number of patient names to deal with hiccups: having a data card fail, changing from the Australian time zone, my early unnecessary fumbles adjusting for daylight time, my buying and using a used duplicate machine--all seeming to add (at the time) necessary present complications.

For the Autoset A10 and ResScan:

An SD card (of sufficient size) will hold only up to a rolling 6 month record of patient detail that is accessible with ResScan-(and Sleepy Head).

ResScan (and Sleepy Head) can access years of detail (?) that has been accumulated/(appended beyond 6 months) over time for a patient, on a hard drive (of sufficient size). *

The downloadable ResScan summary, say, in the EXCEL CSV file format maintains up to a 90 day rolling summary.

Here's a side question about data captures and losses for sleep sessions extending through the 1200-hour time of the date change for ResScan:

On occasion I'm up most of or all of a night. When one sleeps-on a bit past 1200, the ResMed cutoff time, and then on that same calendar day he begins another sleep session, under what conditions will both periods display in ResScan? I see instances of  "yes" answers and "no" answers. Last "night" I pressured up at 0500 and turned off at 1230; only the last 30 minutes appeared in ResScan (though Sleepy Head had no problem handling the whole session). It appears that the part of a session before 1200 will always vanish in ResScan if a session continues uninterrupted past 1200. On the other hand, I'm guessing, all would show in ResScan if one begins a session at 1201, sleeps 2 hours, and then sleeps through from 2000 that same day to 0500 the next day.

Sorry to be so wordy and hope the questions are clear. I've appreciated the great help from the Board in the past--both for questions of mine and from what I've learned from others' questions and answers.

2SB

*  I assume Sleepy Head will access the total patient file for years, relying again, as I assume is true for ResScan, on appending all earlier data accumulated on the hard drive to that recorded (say 6 months) on the SD card--in other words, by always adding the current data to the top of a hard drive resident stack holding all prior patient history.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 742 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 803 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,242 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.