Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Curiosity - CA vs OA how are these different
RE: Curiosity - CA vs OA how are these different
So that means my guess was wrong. Drats!

Oh-jeez
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 06:15 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: So that means my guess was wrong. Drats!

Oh-jeez

I'm guessing that I'm likely wrong too. I'll leave chart reading to the pros that knows. I'll view charts and posts of others to try to learn more.

Coffee Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 05:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Both apnea events look the same to me.  The machine in your case makes the call based on forced oscillation technique (FOT).  Since the machine cannot measure chest effort which defines the difference between OA and CA, it is based on the return wave to the sensor from FOT.  There is always some doubt about the accuracy of this method. Although it is based on considerable research and is accurate for most people, most of the time, it is not infallible.   I actually think both of these examples are CA, especially with the OA being recorded just before you awaken and end the session.

Thanks. This is the exact question I had in another post, namely if some CA's could be getting mis-read as OA's. A lot of my "Oa's" look like CA's as far as the squiggle waveforms, entry, and exit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just out of curiosity -- do people eventually learn to love CPAP? desaturator 41 2,825 01-10-2022, 04:03 AM
Last Post: desaturator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.