Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Curious About Humidity and Temperature Settings
Curious About Humidity and Temperature Settings
What is the temperature and humidity in your bedroom and which number do you keep your hose temperature and which number is your humidity on?
My RT set my first attempt at 70 degrees and 3 humidity.
I live on the Canadian Border the temperature will be 9 degrees F tonight . I'm not sure of the humidity. I'm just curious about what settings others use on there ResMed 9 auto H5i and climate hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curious About Humidity and Temperature Settings
Good question Lukie, I think it's a bit of a guess and trial and error. Our's is in celcius, they recommend around 27c but that is too high for me and run it around 20c to 23c. I know it is to do with moisture but find if the outside temperature goes higher, I lower my CPAP temperature.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think mine is set to 74F (23.3C). I have it on auto 'cause I am lazy. I have it lower in the summer, if I have it on at all. In the winter when I am sick or think I am, I will crank it up fairly high to 78 or 80 for a night or two, just to get that extra humidity.

Using Convert (software), 27C is 80.6F. 20C - 23C is 68F - 73.4F.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I leave my hose set to 86F all the time. I set my humidifier to 6 when ambient air is humid enough to keep me from running out of water, but usually have to keep it at 5.5 in the warm months and 5 in the cold months when ambient air is dry in order to get 7 hours of sleep out of 1 slightly over-filled water tank. When it is set at 5 I often wake up with dry throat and achy burning sinuses.

Whenever I've tried a humidifier setting lower than 5 I've awaken coughing up dust and with my sinus cavity full of desert sand.

Lolabove

I like sleeping in a cold room, so messing around with temps lower than 86F made me have dreams that a llama was spitting in my face.

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2013, 11:34 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: I like sleeping in a cold room, so messing around with temps lower than 86F made me have dreams that a llama was spitting in my face.

Dielaughing
I love that analogy of dreaming that a llama was spitting in your face!! lol My sister had a problem with rain out when she first got her machine and was unfamiliar with the humidity settings and she said it felt like someone was spitting at her all night, so when I read your post, I couldn't help but laugh. Thanks for making me smile!
Post Reply Post Reply
I get moisture in my nasal pillows quite often. It will come spitting out the vent hole. I feel like a whale coming to surface and often dream I am one. Then I wake up and really really really gotta go pee.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2013, 01:28 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I get moisture in my nasal pillows quite often. It will come spitting out the vent hole. I feel like a whale coming to surface and often dream I am one. Then I wake up and really really really gotta go pee.

Oh I recently had a dream that I was with a trapped whale trying to clean the debris from his blow hole. LOL!
Post Reply Post Reply
Winter time I have my machine set at 5. As the temprature slowly warms up I gradually lower the water heat setting to 2 over a few months. Currently on 3 most nights but sometimes raise it to 4 during the night.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
Lukie and/or Paula, I see your references to temperature settings on your humidifier. I've looked and looked on my Autoset and don't see anything except a 1-5 setting. Help me?

Oh, Lukie, I just read your blow hole comment and laughing my azz off. Trying not to visualize.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2013, 11:16 AM)drgrimes Wrote: Lukie and/or Paula, I see your references to temperature settings on your humidifier. I've looked and looked on my Autoset and don't see anything except a 1-5 setting. Help me?

Oh, Lukie, I just read your blow hole comment and laughing my azz off. Trying not to visualize.

Your doctor or RT can change your settings from automatic to manual. I just changed back to automatic when I got rained on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 795 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,162 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 372 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,998 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] interpreting data: curious wakeup followed by lots of apneas doodat 12 1,157 11-04-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: doodat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.