Curious about using cpap: is it necessary?
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: Curious about using cpap: is it necessary?
(11-24-2013 09:18 PM)boar Wrote:  I never felt tired either prior to using the CPAP nor felt like sleeping on the spots or had problems driving. I just used to push myself and carry on.

Me, too. I think it took so much mental concentration for me to function that I gave myself a constant tension headache. Now, after decades of living like that, I am learning to relax and enjoy life more.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-25-2013 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: Curious about using cpap: is it necessary?
(11-24-2013 09:29 PM)apibrgr Wrote:  Right now, I've found that if I turn the machine off about an hour before I need to get up, I can fall back asleep for that hour & not wake up groggy and with a headache. I've been on the machine for 2 weeks & started doing that after about a week of feeling awful when I wake up. Something's gotta give, so I am going to ask the doc tomorrow.

Hopefully, your doctor will tell you to use the machine whenever you're sleeping.

That morning grogginess and headache are part of the adaptation process. Your body is in shock because it no longer has to keep waking itself up to breathe.

By sleeping without the machine you prolong the adaptation process. You also increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and elevated blood pressure.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-25-2013 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy? nzbnate 25 1,297 07-18-2016 10:18 PM
Last Post: MrGadget
  Medicare & CPAP: Just Curious Ross 1 434 02-01-2016 01:08 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Curious what happened last night nozs4me 4 789 08-27-2015 06:03 AM
Last Post: nozs4me
  Curious about AHI Hanrahan 7 1,112 08-13-2015 07:45 PM
Last Post: Hanrahan
  Curious as to what it takes to become a certified sleep doc? tedburnsIII 61 5,080 07-14-2015 05:52 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  I'm curious, how many here are on ASV Bilevel/Bipap? JVinNE 13 3,803 04-23-2015 09:33 AM
Last Post: JVinNE
  Curious to know average life of a mask before breaking down? ShelaghDB 10 2,479 09-07-2014 07:02 PM
Last Post: ShelaghDB