Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Curiously
Curiously
my trial machine was ICON primo or whatever and now I bought the 
Airsense for her. 
My AHI is under 1. Like 0.2-0.5 and on the icon it sometimes hit 2. 
Not a big diff. But I do prefer this sexy beast machine. 
Just a public service announcement haha

I need to download sleepyhead still... 
and I realized I need way closer to 7hr sleep a nite
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curiously
The difference between the two machines would be in how aggressive they are in preventing the events. Some pounce on the event as soon as it detects one is happening. Others are a little slower. Some folks cannot tolerate an aggressive machine while others don't notice a difference except in the AHI.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah. That's why I went with this unit.  Didn't really care for the ICON
I love this

Interestingly as well....
The past few notes I've been taking mask off 2-3x??? I know once is usually to go pee.  Couple times the GF hits me as it's off and I'm snoring
Post Reply Post Reply
Taking the mask off is common. There's a few things to try.

Wear a chin strap on TOP of the mask's headgear. This makes it a little more difficult to pull it off and may wake you up enough to realize what you are doing. It may only take a few weeks or less for you to get out of the habit then you can leave off the chin strap to confirm.

Look at the data for just before you took the mask off. Were you having an event and the pressure had increased? Or were you doing well so the pressure was low? If it was low, it may be too low and you take it off, thinking you cannot breathe. If the pressure was increasing, could be the mask was leaking so you just took it off. You may want to consider lowering the max pressure for a few days until you get used to it. Then increase it again if needed.

Look at the data and not the times. Same time each night? Same time in relation to when you went to sleep (2hrs later every night, for example)? Probably no correlation but worth adding it to the mix.

Another is to attach the mask's hose to your pillow just long enough you can roll over but short enough that if you take the mask off, the sound of the air will be close to your head and you can put it back on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.