Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
Unfortunately Philips Respironics Field Communication Revision 13 on DreamStation CPAP and BiPAP Firmware Updates is not very helpful, Robert.  However, I can offer some anecdotal comments after 2 days on version 1.1.7 (vs. 1.1.2): I no longer wake up at night feeling that I am not getting enough air.  I will concede that this may be due to a placebo effect.

On another note, as Hydrangea pointed out there is no password/PIN option in the clinician settings in version 1.1.7.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2018, 11:20 AM)VernonBill Wrote: Unfortunately Philips Respironics Field Communication Revision 13 on DreamStation CPAP and BiPAP Firmware Updates is not very helpful, Robert.  However, I can offer some anecdotal comments after 2 days on version 1.1.7 (vs. 1.1.2): I no longer wake up at night feeling that I am not getting enough air.  I will concede that this may be due to a placebo effect.

On another note, as Hydrangea pointed out there is no password/PIN option in the clinician settings in version 1.1.7.

Let me ask this. When you did the update did you just put the firmware on the card that all your data from the dreamstation is on or did you use a different card. I don’t have a spare card but I do have software that I can make a full 1to1 backup of the card before I put the firmware on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Robert. I put the firmware (DS0CBC2F.ebu - 9.6 MB) on my Kingston Digital 32 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDC4/32GB (Class 4 with microSDHC to SD adapter).  After the upgrade, I deleted the firmware file for simplicitie's sake (30 yrs. of IT support will do that).  Backups are always a good idea  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been a few weeks, do you still feel the firmware change had an effect on your therapy?
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
All I can say is that since the Firmware upgrade, I have NOT woken up at night in a panic because I felt that I was not getting enough air.  Until this is confirmed by others, it cannot be gospel.  Alternatively, if the software engineer(s) responsible for the 1.1.7 Firmware upgrade confirm (or refute) that my observation is possible or probable . . .  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I successfully updated my machine from 1.1.1 to 1.1.7 three nights ago.

I’m not noticing obvious changes to therapy, but that doesn’t mean much, my normal pressure is half the normal range, and the pressure range is narrow.

I can report that Bluetooth connections from the DreamStation to DreamMapper are significantly more reliable (from about 25% reliable to about 80%, in my case).
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
(11-29-2018, 05:32 PM)Dawnstar Wrote: I successfully updated my machine from 1.1.1 to 1.1.7 three nights ago.

I’m not noticing obvious changes to therapy, but that doesn’t mean much, my normal pressure is half the normal range, and the pressure range is narrow.

I can report that Bluetooth connections from the DreamStation to DreamMapper are significantly more reliable (from about 25% reliable to about 80%, in my case).

Very interesting!  See <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM> Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally upgraded my cpap auto from 1.1.5 to 1.1.7 had me a little nervous for a bit since it seemed to take a long time. I will report if I notice any changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arrow 
3 minutes can seem like an eternity, Robert . . . please let us know if you notice any changes.

Whenever I flash any BIOS (update the firmware), I wish that I had an UPS.  However, I have successfully done this around 50 times without one (mostly on laser printers).  Having said that, I've experienced power failures around 5 times when watching TV in the evening . . . no shark attacks or lightening strikes yet . . . seems to be a turkey shoot. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Came across this thread and checked my F/W...apparently I'm the whole way back on 1.0.2 (got device Oct 2015). 

Have there been algorithm changes since those early versions or just menus & dimming? It looks like I have all the options shared in recent photos and my screen dims after covering the light sensor for ~15 seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 286 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 356 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 607 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 691 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,369 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,429 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,874 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.