Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
(12-18-2019, 02:08 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I can't find any info on whether or not an incremental update is needed, or if you can go directly from 1.0.5 to 1.1.7 or 1.1.8 (the newest version).

In any case, you can read the version history for each of the .ebu files  (firmware updates) in the PDF files below each firmware link, in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

If you want to see all the history of changes, you'll have to read through all the PDFs for each update.  I don't think they list a cumulative update history-- it's only a listing of what was changed in each particular firmware version from the previous one.  The changes made are listed on the last page of each PDF.

Hi, thank you for the input. I went ahead and just updated to 1.1.8 on my auto cpap and it seems to be working fine. Judging from industry standard when it comes to firmware updates I REALLY doubt anyone specifically company as big as Philips to make the mistake of incremental updates, usually they just carry over any old update to new firmware with new features/fixes etc added to new firmware.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it worked for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2019, 05:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Glad it worked for you.

Third night of cpap therapy for me and it’s going well. Love this forum, so helpful and people are great here!
Post Reply Post Reply
Firmware version 1.1.8 for the DreamStation seems to only change in the following way:

Firmware version 1.1.8 enables the VIC365 feature in the following model numbers.
NDX400(S,H,T)15
NDX401(S,H,T)15
NDX600(S,H,T)15
NDX500(S,H,T)15
NDX700(S,H,T)15

The VIC365 feature displays 365 days of patient data for the Therapy Hours, AHI and Mask Fit categories.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, and those model numbers by name are, respectively:

• DreamStation CPAP
• DreamStation CPAP Pro
• DreamStation Auto CPAP
• DreamStation BiPAP Pro
• DreamStation Auto BiPAP

NOTE:  All of the DreamStation firmware update links are  in this thread.  Also provided is a link to  a PDF of specific changes for that particular firmware update.  Before anyone attempts to update firmware, I'd suggest you make sure you actually need the updated features.  No use borking your CPAP machine with a failed firmware update if you didn't need the update to begin with.  As always, use firmware updates at your own risk.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
NOTICE: 

2/4/2020 FIRMWARE UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE:

DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS - see this post for version 1.0.6

DreamStation S/T - see this post for version 1.0.6

DreamStation BiPAP autoSV - see this post for version 1.0.6

Use at your own risk!
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just updated my Dreamstation firmware from V1.1.7 to V1.1.8 with no isssues. It takes several minutes for the process but I followed the install instructions, used a clean SD card, copied the firmware file (DS0CF130.ebu) to the SD card, plugged it in, and let it go.  

The OSCAR software works well also, as I used it to compare 12 months of usage data.   Thanks again to the apneaboard forums and members area for excellent information.      

Al
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick question - Im on version 1.1.1.
The instructions don't give much guidance on whether the upgrade to 1.1.8 has to be done step by step (upgrade to intervening versions first and then 1.1.7 last) OR can I upgrade directly.  Can anyone help? (theres a post above but wanted to be sure)
also - do we need to use the SAME SD card provided with the dreamstation or can we use ANY SD card for upgradation?
Post Reply Post Reply
Any decent SD card should be fine. The SD card provided with the DreamStation is just a rebranded Lexar with a quickie sticker.

For example, I now use a Toshiba FlashAir and it's fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the latest Dreamstation firmware/software version still V1.1.8?  
No issues, and no *need* to update, just wondering if anything newer was released from PR. 

Al
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 340 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 593 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 684 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,338 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,406 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,847 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.