Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
I just got a Dreamstation last week and don't know what they were thinking with this display screen. I did notice that the ambient light sensor does control the brightness of the power button. I fear it was only designed for this and it may not be possible for it to control the screen brightness. Besides the brightness control issue I can't believe they decided to go a white background color on a machine for people with trouble sleeping!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have firmware version 1.0.6 and I'm still getting my retinas burned every time I wake up the Dreamstation at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try a piece of red transparent tape over it. Unless the intensity is very high, that should dim it to the place you can see it and it won't wash out the rods in your eyes (night vision)

Black out cloth may work if you want no light at all.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I found on Amazon a product called LightDims which cuts down on the light by 50 to 80%. It comes in various size sheets; I'm not sure what you would need for a DreamStation. I use the dots for my router and computer LEDS. Not expensive at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my Philips DreamStation on 12/29/16 and it came with software level (v1.1.1). I don't have any issues with screen brightness as it dims completely after about 15 seconds. I don't know if software can be updated by the user.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with dms54. Picked up my Dreamstation from DME on 11/21/16 and it automatically goes dark after 10-15 seconds. Do the older versions have the screen stay lit the entire night? That would not be funSad
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I have had the problem since the start.

I did a trial with the CPAP Auto that didn't have the issue.
After the one month trial, I got a Philips Dreamstation CPAP Pro fixed pressure on F/W 1.0.1

That device from the first night I saw that the light didn't dim like the Auto did. I took it back and they swapped it over for another device that was on F/W 1.0.6. That didn't fix the issue. That was back in Feb 2016.

Since then, I got a call from my Philips Sleepeasy Consultant in December 2016, that Philips fixed the issue with the light.

It's been fixed in F/W 1.1.0

So, it's an easy update, if you go and see your Philips Consultant, they can update the F/W via SD card.

Thanks
Josh
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I must got lucky. I received my Dreamstation Pro not long after they came out. The light has always adjusted to the ambient light and only stays on for a few seconds when I start it. It's good to see they are finally fixing what they broke.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is not they won't dim after 15 seconds but that they are so bright to start with when the room is dark. They are suppose to adjust the brightness according to the ambient light. My first DreamStation did this quite nicely. I started to have noise problems with this one so the DME got me a new one which unfortunately doesn't have the dimming feature. I complained to the DME about this but they were clueless about the issue. Even their tech representative for Philips didn't seem to understand the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also taped a piece of paper over the display of my DreamStation due to husband's complaining. Fortunately I almost never change anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 262 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 553 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,239 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,307 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,783 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.