Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
I managed to find the 1.1.1 firmware file along with the service manual for the DreamStation units. There's nothing really special in the service manual (note, this is different than the provider/clinician manual) besides disassembly instructions and instructions on using remote control and debugging software with a special RS-232 link cable. 

The firmware file is named "DS0B2C29.ebu" The same file is used for all US models of DreamStation - Auto, CPAP, Pro, etc. It does say to not use this firmware on "BR, IN, or KR" editions though.

You place the file on the root of your DreamStation's SD card (not inside the "P-SERIES" folder) , then insert it into the DreamStation. There, this prompt appears [see attachment]

You use the clickwheel to select 'Yes' and then press the wheel and it takes about 4-5 minutes to upgrade. It powers the machine off and on a couple times and then it's complete.

I don't know why they insist on hiding these firmware updates from the end users. It is not difficult at all to do. The only safety-related thing to keep in mind is to make absolutely sure you have it plugged into an uninterruptible power source while it is upgrading the firmware (if unit is abruptly powered down during firmware updates it can brick it -- make it non-functional).

Anyway my CPAP Pro was on 1.05 and I just upgraded it myself to 1.1.1. Immediately after it upgraded to 1.1.1 I noticed that the ambient light sensor now works and my screen is extremely dark (but still perfectly legible) to match my room being dark. 1.05 it was in full brightness except when it was turning the screen off then it would fade out. 

Upgrading firmware on devices like this is always a risk. So if you are not technically inclined and/or do not want to risk it (if you plug it into a UPS unit the risk is minimized) then have your DME do it for you. But I definitely recommend this upgrade for the screen dimming. 

Here are the notes from the documentation for it:

"Version 1.1.0 firmware supported the following, and still apply in version 1.1.1:
1. The 12mm tube accessory which is a smaller and lighter hose to be used with the CPAP
models.
2. The EZ Start Feature. The EZ Start Feature will be available in the DreamStation Auto CPAP
model. The EZ Start provides a way to more gradually adjust therapy. See the DreamStation
Provider Guide (P/N 1121983 – DreamStation, Provider Guide, EN-INTL CE) for the detailed
description of this mode.

Consult the device Provider manual for more information about the features above.

Version 1.1.1 is being released to improve clear airway apnea detection with Bi-Flex, C-Flex+, or AFlex
enabled."
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a first. Where did you find the firmware file? You might want to drop a PM to SuperSleeper see if he wants to help with distribution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 05:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That's a first. Where did you find the firmware file?  You might want to drop a PM to SuperSleeper see if he wants to help with distribution.

I managed through luck mostly to create a Respironics authorized repair account on their online 'portal' and it was there. Unfortunately the URL to the download is not accessible without logging in to this 'portal' but I'll put it on a filehost and PM SuperSleeper with the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool! are there also firmware files available for the 60 Series machines, or for BiPAP series machines?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 05:33 PM)Wrz7 Wrote: I managed through luck mostly to create a Respironics authorized repair account on their online 'portal' and it was there. Unfortunately the URL to the download is not accessible without logging in to this 'portal' but I'll put it on a filehost and PM SuperSleeper with the link.

Thanks in Advance

Read private message

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got a lot of these files... just haven't had time to upload yet.

They'll be available soon, such as new EncorePro 2.20, firmware update for DreamStation machines, plus a TON of service/repair manuals and other technical PDFs for various Respironics/PR machines.

When it's all done, I'll post an announcement in the Software Support Forum to let you all know where I've uploaded them to.

WARNING:  I will caution anyone who wants to use the firmware upgrade software, you need to realize that you do so at your own risk and that if you end up with a ruined CPAP machine, that is one possible result of a botched firmware update. Pretty sure if an end-user attempts to update the firmware, it will likely void your warranty.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 05:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Cool!  are there also firmware files available for the 60 Series machines, or for BiPAP series machines?

Nope.  Just the DreamStations as far as I can see. Some updates for older machines, but can't find any for PR 50 or 60 series at all.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 05:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Cool!  are there also firmware files available for the 60 Series machines, or for BiPAP series machines?

I don't see anything pertinent for 60 series.

For BiPAP there are several for different series:

BiPAP AVAPS/BiPAP ST C-series 
BiPAP Plus/Pro2
BiPAP autoSV with SmartCard 
BiPAP Synchrony w/SmartCard 
BIPAP ST 20 C Series 
BiPAP autoSV Advanced System One 50 Series

As for other CPAP and/or APAP:
I only see System One - version 3.06

Some of the above are bootloader upgrades only rather than full blown firmware. And some are updateable only via serial cable that often requires purchasing a proprietary interface to add the port to the machine (RS-232 port). Most seem to be upgradeable via SD card though. 

As for the DreamStation, the same proprietary add-in module that adds oximetry support also has an RS-232 port on it and that can be used with a PC to look at log files on the machine and perform certain debugging functions. Also as an alternative to using an SD card can push firmware updates via the RS-232 interface.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the firmware file & PDF instructions, see here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!

If anyone wants any other older Respironics firmware updates (as listed by Wrz77 above), please PM me and I'll see if I can make those available.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I just finished upgrading my older DreamStation Pro. It was running 1.0.5. I did have a couple of issues I had to work out.

First, I had trouble downloading the file using Firefox. I kept getting partial downloads. It was either an issue with the browser or an extension installed on the browser. I changed to Safari and was able to get a full download.

Second, as Wrz77 pointed out, the file name must be "DS0B2C29.ebu". The filename of the file I downloaded was "DreamStation Firmware Update via SD card V1.1.1-"DS0B2C29.ebu". I had to delete everything in the filename but ""DS0B2C29.ebu" in order to get it to work. It only took a couple of minutes to upgrade my machine after I got the file downloaded and the name right.

Kudos and thanks to Wrz77 and SuperSleeper for making this possible.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 332 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 593 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 684 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,338 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,405 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,846 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.