Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
Slava, firmware upgrades are a one-way trip. All versions posted here are directly from Philips Respironics without any changes. All of the upgrades will resolve the bright back-light that is a problem for you. All versions have worked for users without problems for most users, and we are not aware of any machines that failed due to the upgrade.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You.
I have updraded from 1.0.5 to 1.1.1.
Upgrading process took approx 5min.
It seems everything works perfect. Problem with a backlight is fixed.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone else attest to what SleepyOzzy said about the newer update making it such that it's easier to get it to auto-start with not as many (or as strong) breaths?

Is there any other reason I should consider updating mine (which is currently at 1.1.1)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 03:45 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Can anyone else attest to what SleepyOzzy said about the newer update making it such that it's easier to get it to auto-start with not as many (or as strong) breaths?

Is there any other reason I should consider updating mine (which is currently at 1.1.1)?

Hi Hydrangea,

As far as I can tell the only difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 is the locking menu for the DME and the inability to go back a firmware.

I have two dreamstations (one as a spare/travel device) my main is on 1.1.4 and the spare is 1.1.1; I've tested and the auto start on both kicks in as I breath out on breath two and in on three - no pressure difference.

If this is your only concern I wouldn't upgrade as there isn't a difference between the two apart from what I stated above.

SleepyOzzy
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 02:03 PM)SleepyOzzy Wrote: I've tested and the auto start on both kicks in as I breath out on breath two and in on three - no pressure difference.

If this is your only concern I wouldn't upgrade as there isn't a difference between the two apart from what I stated above.

Okay.  Yep. That doesn't sound like they made any change in that department, so I won't bother updating it.  Thanks for your feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply
When I realized that my brand new (5 nights) DreamStation wasn't dimming down, I turned the face of the machine away from me; towards the front of the nightstand and used the swivel function of the hose port.  I'm not sure whether I want to try a firmware download yet, or just deal with the situation for the time being.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was there any consensus on whether the 1.1.4 update affected SleepyHead? I’ve lost track.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
1.1.4 changes the header length on some data read by Sleepyhead. This resulted in some errors using the current version of Sleepyhead. The next version that is in development will identify this and properly decode both the old and new data version. My recommendation is not to convert to the newest version of firmware, pending release of the next version of Sleepyhead. This will not really affect your machine function anyway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider

Can you tell me what the errors are that result from the header length changes?  Would this mean that some results are not accurate; and, if so which ones may not be?
Post Reply Post Reply
If I really understood this stuff, my name would be JediMark. I observed the troubleshooting and as I understand, the v 1.1.4 parses mostly correctly. There are differences, that show up in debug. The data headers are different lengths, and they should not have even passed the test in Sleepyhead for displaying the data. In some cases the checksums should have failed and aborted the import, but they still worked. The code was a mess with 1.1.4 machines, but Sleepyhead usually displayed the data. There are not errors in the results, but machine data and settings may not display correctly. I will say JediMark pulled a few all-nighters to figure this stuff out and properly identify the machines and firmaware versions so the data reads correctly. Philips did not do us a solid by changing the data output formats within the same series (Dreamstation) of machine based on firmware.

The information came from member JJJ's new Airsense 10 machine with v 1.1.4 and has been completely incorporated into the next update which is not far off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 340 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 593 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 684 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,338 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,406 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,847 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.