Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
Hi,

I was wondering what the latest version of the firmware was for the Philips Dreamstation. I want to make sure mine is current as the unit definitely has its quirks and a personality. I can't seem to find this information anywhere so is anyone knows and would be willing to share I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

J

EDITED BY ADMIN to add the following:

SuperSleeper Wrote:
For the firmware file & PDF instructions, see here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
Hi. I have firmware version V1.0.5 on my Respironics Dreamstation. I picked it up today after my 30 day trail, March 1st 2016. The photocell on top of the unit does not change the screen brightness (I believe it is just a software issue). The display screen stays 100% brightness in the middle of the night. So, I'm also waiting/wanting to know when the newest firmware version comes out to hopefully fix this issue.

My sleep therapist said she contacted her tech support and they say it is a know problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a data point, I have a new Dreamstation and am also frustrated by how bright the screen is at night. Have been googling around for a solution. I am hoping new firmware will fix it. Do firmware updates happen automatically?
Post Reply Post Reply
In the past Resmed has served firmware updates via the wireless phone modems. Philips Respironics have not previously ever updated except by service at some DMEs or authorized repair facilities. It will be interesting to see if the Dreamstation is different, but somehow I kind of doubt it will auto-update.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2016, 06:46 PM)matocentric Wrote: Just a data point, I have a new Dreamstation and am also frustrated by how bright the screen is at night. Have been googling around for a solution. I am hoping new firmware will fix it. Do firmware updates happen automatically?

Thanks. Ill check with my DME and see what they say. Will report back...if its anything useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone been able to update the firmware to solve the non functioning photocell on their dreamstation's? I've had no luck so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't like doing this, but I'm taping some of the grey mylar used for static bags over the screen to reduce the beacon/screen. Hope they fix it soon via modem....this is a new millennium isn't it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was of the belief that you got what you got forever more re: unit firmware.

I asked about updates and how to and the answer I got was "Nyet." Except for the HDM Z1 series. Those have user updatable firmware.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting tired of the screen brightness issue on the Dreamstation, so lacking any software fix, I'm looking at trying tinting film. I have 20% and 50% on order. I'll report on the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
The wife complained about the brightness of the Dreamstation, so I taped a piece of card board over the screen with masking tape along the top edge. That way I can flip it up to see/adjust the Humidify/Hose settings.
Simple & effective.Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 261 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 553 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,239 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,306 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,781 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.