Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
pupcamper,
You bring up a valid point of a complete download. I downloaded it and came up with the following checksums. I'm curious if other members get the same values.

Filename:
DS0B2C29.ebu

MD5:
42966106ED00A967FDC4EFE422EA13E8

SHA-1:
0CD606486D75081072CDD6122B5B86D786A504F9
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2017, 04:49 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: pupcamper,
You bring up a valid point of a complete download.  I downloaded it and came up with the following checksums.  I'm curious if other members get the same values.

Filename:
DS0B2C29.ebu

MD5:
42966106ED00A967FDC4EFE422EA13E8

SHA-1:
0CD606486D75081072CDD6122B5B86D786A504F9

I came get the same values you did from the file I used to update my DreamStation.

MD5:
42966106ed00a967fdc4efe422ea13e8

SHA-1:
0cd606486d75081072cdd6122b5b86d786a504f9
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2017, 04:19 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Second, as Wrz77 pointed out, the file name must be "DS0B2C29.ebu". The filename of the file I downloaded was "DreamStation Firmware Update via SD card V1.1.1-"DS0B2C29.ebu". I had to delete everything in the filename but ""DS0B2C29.ebu" in order to get it to work.

That's my fault.  I renamed the file, thinking it would be more descriptive.

I'll go ahead and change the file name back to DS0B2C29.ebu and change the download links as well.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. I was so excited after upgrading the firmware I took my Dreamstation into a dark closet to watch the brightness go down. I can't wait to go to sleep tonight. 

If any of you don't know how to generate a checksum, the file size is 7,315,432 bytes. Doing the checksum is more thorough, but the file size check is a decent way to know you got it all too.

Again, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the file on my Dreamstation Auto, and no matter what I do, the update process won't start. I placed the update file on the root of the SD card. I tried different SD cards, different filesytems, but no go. Mine is an Australian model. Could it use different firmware?
Post Reply Post Reply
The file is named just "DS0B2C29.ebu" right?  Could have you checked that the machine is not already up to date? It is possible that your machine is expecting a different file name.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you uploaded the file from a windows system, make sure you have it set to show file extensions. It's possible that the file is on the SD card with a name like "DS0B2C29.ebu.txt" instead of "DS0B2C29.ebu"
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2017, 04:42 AM)wocko1 Wrote: I tried the file on my Dreamstation Auto, and no matter what I do, the update process won't start. I placed the update file on the root of the SD card. I tried different SD cards, different filesytems, but no go. Mine is an Australian model. Could it use different firmware?

Hi - I have Australian machine CPAP Pro Model: AUX400T15 and I was able to upgrade to V1.1.1 without any problem. Maybe run Checksum results to make sure file has properly downloaded. If not familiar with Checksum just Google it, there are free readers available.
For everyone's information I received the same Checksum results as above.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought my dreamstation and I think the solution was to just turn off the display after a few seconds, either that or mine is defective.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought a new Dreamstation from Supplier #2 and it came loaded with 1.0.2 firmware.

Just downloaded the file and upgraded it to 1.1.1 firmware.

I thought it would be good to add this as a data point - the documentation doesn't say anything about required firmware version before you upgrade, I googled but couldn't find anyone running 1.0.2 prior to the upgrade.

As a side note, why don't vendors ship systems with the latest firmware? 

When my wireless router is running old firmware I might get lesser throughput or wireless disconnections. So what.

On a medical device, it may literally be life affecting. I assume the firmware updates work on better algorithms to reduce events, for instance:

Version 1.1.1 is being released to improve clear airway apnea detection with Bi-Flex, C-Flex+, or AFlex enabled.

BTW, this is not intended as a slight against Supplier #2, they really came through to me on this purchase - just curious as to the bigger picture question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 555 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,240 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,309 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,785 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.