Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
No new firmware? Is Phillips releasing firmware often or not at all?

Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my DreamStation since November of 2015 and there has been one firmware update.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just picked up a new DreamStation AutoCPAP in Australia. This one shipped with 1.0.6 which I successfully updated to 1.1.1 from this site. I'm assuming 1.1.1 is the latest.

SleepOzzy
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the firmware for Respironics Dream Station Auto, what format it it written in,(binary, machine language, basic, ect...) and how can I view the file/code?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone who made getting this update possible.

I picked my DreamStation up in October 2016 and was extremely disappointed when I found that the display was piercingly bright every time I turned the machine off and back on at night. (I wake up fairly often, and I routinely turn the machine off and back on for a number of reasons.) I've struggled at times to get back to sleep unless I put my head under the covers because the light was so bright and so white.

I just successfully updated to 1.1.1. The light on the LCD is now much, much less bright. It's still too bright in my opinion, but I'm grateful that it no longer looks like a spotlight. I'm looking forward to NOT having that light shine brightly in my eyes tonight when I turn the machine off and back on.

I do have to say: I don't understand why PR chose the bright white backlighting on the LCD for the DreamStation. It's even worse than the light on my old System One Series 50. I like the fact that it is possible to turn the back light completely OFF on my husband's PR System One Series 60 machine. And I do wonder why PR didn't include that option on the DreamStation.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
I have emailed and received the following reply from Respironics asking about the latest firmware:

"The latest firmware for the Dreamstations is v1.1.1. The Firmware can only be obtained by a Home Care Provider that has access to the Philips software website."

So, 1.1.1 is the latest right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2017, 02:38 AM)SleepyOzzy Wrote: I have emailed and received the following reply from Respironics asking about the latest firmware:

"The latest firmware for the Dreamstations is v1.1.1.  The Firmware can only be obtained  by a Home Care Provider that has access to the Philips software website."

So, 1.1.1 is the latest right now.

Good to know.  Thanks.  That means the one in the link below is the latest:

SuperSleeper Wrote:For the firmware file & PDF instructions, see here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! My eyeballs thank you as the days get shorter and I wake in the dark soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.  A am new here and dropping a quick post to make a small contribution. 

I received a new Dreamstation 500 APAP with Humidifier on Monday of this week.

The software version installed is v1.1.2  

Cheers!

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 03:54 PM)WillSleep Wrote: Hi.  A am new here and dropping a quick post to make a small contribution. 

I received a new Dreamstation 500 APAP with Humidifier on Monday of this week.

The software version installed is v1.1.2  

Cheers!
Oh great!
Maybe someone here knows what has been changed in this new firmware? Or how to get it?

?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 340 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 593 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 684 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,338 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,405 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,847 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.