Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
(01-04-2018, 09:13 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: SleepOzzie, since this will affect many members, and it is information I need to pass along to Sleepyhead author Mark Watkins, your help in looking into this would be appreciated.

Hey Sleeprider,

Just got around to testing out the import into sleepyhead, which I haven't used in like 120 odd days! The import was successful and took all the data since the last input to now and in that time I've updated the firmware twice, so no issues with the firmware change and importing to Sleepyhead.

Cheers,

SleepyOzzy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Glad to hear the Sleepyhead program is not affected by this update.  Odd that Encore would not work without an update.    Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I feel like I know my answer, but figure I would ask.  My Dreamstation is on 1.0.6, but frankly, I am happy with it.  I don't have any lights that bother me, and it seems to function ok.  Aside from niceties, are there any critical improvements that would warrant an update (ie. better apnea detection, better overall performance, etc).  While I have no problem tweaking lots of devices, one responsible for my breathing feels a bit more.... risky, and if I don't see any real benefit, I would rather not (unless I had to).
Post Reply Post Reply
No there's nothing you need in the update that will affect your treatment. In fact you run the risk of messing up your machine if anything goes wrong trying to update.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate the confirmation. Ill keep things as is for now..
Post Reply Post Reply
I have software version V.1.1.4 for PHILIPS RESPIRONICS DreamStation CPAP pro. Is it the latest version?
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe so.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since first purchasing this Dreamstation machine, it has been mostly useless with the so-called bluetooth communication "feature".  It has only worked intermittently, doesn't stay paired to my iPhone, and routinely requires the Dreamstation to be unplugged to reboot it.

I was first told by Philips "you're the only one having problems".  However it has been clear that the issue is widespread.

I recently was provided a Philips blood pressure monitor.  It ALSO has virtually the same bluetooth communication problems.

I've got plenty of other bluetooth equipment (blood pressure, scales, etc) that all communicate FINE with bluetooth.  It's only Philips that can't seem to figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good day Super Sleeper,
Thank You for great work in this very specific area.
Have a few questions on this matter, please let me know if you know the answers.
I have an auto cpap philips dreamstation, made in USA (accoording to it's label) with a software version 1.0.5. Was bought in Canada from Medigas in mid 2016.
Don't have any problems with it except of back light of the screen which is not dimable and automatic adjustment of the pressure during night time, which, i would say, should be higher a bit in order to have a better results for breathing.
I'm very curious to upgrade a software, but would like to have an opportunity to roll back if it would be necessary.
As far as i understand 1.1.1 version is the latest one which accepts rollback, is it correct?
Could you please upload 1.0.5.....1.1.1 versions if you have any?
What kind of data will be erased while upgrading?
Will my upgrade be visible by the provider? 

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, some corrections.

Good day Super Sleeper,
Thank You for great work in this very specific area.
Have a few questions on this matter, please let me know if you know the answers.
I have an auto cpap philips dreamstation, made in USA (accoording to it's label) with a software version 1.0.5. Was bought in Canada from Medigas in mid 2016.
Don't have any problems with it except of back light of the screen which is not dimable and automatic adjustment of the pressure during night time, which, i would say, should be higher a bit in order to have a better results for breathing.
I'm very curious to upgrade a software, but would like to have an opportunity to roll back if it would be necessary.
As far as i understand 1.1.1 version is the latest one which accepts rollback, is it correct?
Could you please upload 1.0.5.....1.1.1 versions if you have any?
What kind of data will be erased from dreamstation while upgrading? 
As far as i understood upgraded dreamstation would have new software and all old parameters, including provider's info, passwords would be erased, is it correct? 
Are these 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 software versions original from philips or do they have some third party modifications in them?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 555 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,240 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,308 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,784 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.