Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cursing in my sleep
Cursing in my sleep
Does anyone else have this problem? Everyone tells me that I am cursing in my sleep. Is this related to Apnea? Thanks Carol
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cursing in my sleep
For me, only while reading bills.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2015, 10:28 PM)Gutowski Wrote: Does anyone else have this problem? Everyone tells me that I am cursing in my sleep. Is this related to Apnea? Thanks Carol
Are you doing that while using CPAP?

Before CPAP, I used to have bad dreams, at times being attacked, wake up to find myself punching the pillows
Never had those horrible dreams, since starting CPAP

I find out its called "REM Behavior Disorder"
http://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorde...r-disorder

Maybe its not related to your situation, thought to share mine, since you've asked
Talk to your sleep doctor

Post Reply Post Reply
I can understand cursing looking at bills.. LOL I do this while Totally asleep. and I yell LOUD. I say things I would NEVER say while I was awake. I yell other stuff too, but its the bad words that I don't think our neighbors need to hear.

I have NOT used any cpap or bipap for a couple years now, I had a bad alergic reaction to the face mask. I have found there are now other types of full face masks out that I may be able to use, but I am having to go thru the sleep studys all over again because of the long time of using nothing.

I did two sleep studies last month. The first one I went to sleep with no machine and never went into the sleep needed for them to put the cpap on me.. so the second study we started out with the cpap and during the night they changed to bipap and I was told they did not work for me either.. SO, in a couple of days I am off to do sleep study three with a ASV machine. I have a lot of questions to ask my sleep doc, but never get to see him because he wants to wait until he has test results before telling me anything..

Before when I used my bipap I would try to talk but the mask stoped any yelling. unless I pulled the mask off during my sleep, which did happen alot. I have bad dreams all the time, which I find very strange for someone who they say doesnt go into the last REM stage. I have a lot of medical troubles that I know I could deal with a lot better if I could only get some good sleep/rest.

I will post the info I find out from my doc this next week.. I have already learned alot from reading posts on this site and I am so thankful for all the information you have here. I have let my Doctors be in control for far to long, Time for me to take over and learn all about this stuff... Thank you all so much...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gutowski,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I used to walk in my sleep and talk, too, before I got on CPAP but since then, I don't walk in my sleep and I rarely talk.
There are some cloth masks out there now by Circadiance called SleepWeaver. You might look in the product reviews section here on the board, I think there are some reviews on some of thos masks.
Good luck to you at your next sleep study and much success to you as you restart CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
another good reason for having a FFM or a TOTAL FACE mask...

this guy looks calm -

[Image: RTQGSUC.jpg]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 159 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 203 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,359 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,199 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.