Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSA Issue with Mask and Pressure
CSA Issue with Mask and Pressure
About 15 years ago I was diagnosed with OSA so got a CPAP with pressure at 15 so I started with a FFM but switched to nasal because of the leaks.  I had a new study done recently which turned into 2 studies which showed that I now have centrals.  

Finally got a new machine the Aircurve 10 ST with pressure 17-21 and max 25. During the study I used an airfit FFM.... I came home with a F&P Evora mask 3 days ago and struggling so much.  I like the mask and wish I had a lower pressure.  I try for a couple hours adjusting the mask to control the leaks. I loosen the straps then I tighten the straps and round and round we go and give up eventually so I can get some sleep maybe not the best sleep.  The ramp was set to 20 minutes and I changed last night to 45 minutes which is probably not good but was hoping I could fall asleep. I was able to keep the mask on for 4 hours and the other nights only 2.   I even pulled out my old nasal mask to try and the seal was better but had a kind of gurgling sound in my mouth because of the pressure which the noise was loud enough to keep me awake and it seemed harder in trying to breathe out.  Last night the pressure was so bad forcing a lot of air in my stomach causing it to hurt.  I occasionally had this on CPAP but never as bad as last night.  Really concerned that my body can't handle the pressure setting.  Any thoughts on how to handle the pressure better or anyone successful using a nasal mask on a high pressure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.